Chapter 15: Making it better? (Updated)

⚠️Trigger warning ⚠️
This chapter talks about self harm which may be triggering to some readers. READER DISCRETION ADVISED!!!

### Neveah's POV

"Ahhhh." That's the third cut today. I don't usually do this, but lately, every time I do it, I think straight.

**Faith:** Mwommy, why you scweaming?

**Neveah:** Faith, go to your room NOWWW!

**Faith:** Okway.

I haven't been myself. I've been yelling a lot, drinking, smoking, cutting. Ever since Jake died, I've felt dead too.

### Beyonce's POV

Faith called me last night. Yes, even though she's three, she can still call. She told me that Neveah's wrist was bleeding and that there was a horrible smell. Lord, I need to go talk to her. When I reach the house, I see this girl, her makeup running, looking completely lost. And that girl is Neveah.

**Beyonce:** May I come in?

**Neveah:** Yes. (Her voice sounds like she just finished crying.)

**Beyonce:** What is wrong with you? I heard you've been smoking and cutting your wrist!

**Neveah:** Who the hell told you?

**Beyonce:** Your daughter. This environment isn't safe for her. What happened to the old Neveah?

**Neveah:** SHUT UP! Okay, I know you're all worried, but I'm okay. So LEAVE my damn house and just leave me and my daughter alone.

I leave Neveah's house, shocked to see my daughter in such a state.

### The Next Day...

### Neveah's POV

I wake up and go to the bathroom. I take my lighter and start smoking. My princess walks up to me and says she's going to watch TV, so I let her go. I go out to my balcony and stand at the edge, ready to jump. But my mom comes.

**Beyonce:** BABY, DON'T DO THIS! I DON'T WANNA LOSE ANOTHER ONE OF MY KIDS LIKE THIS AGAIN! (She says, crying her eyes out.) Honey, you're just 17.

**Neveah:** Mom, if I do this, I'm at peace. If I don't, then I will keep worrying. I lost my man—he meant the world to me, and he did this, so now he's at peace.

**Beyonce:** He did this because he couldn't see the light. Honey, do YOU see the light?

**Neveah:** Mom, I don't know what to look at.

When I start to think about what my mom said, I climb back over and stand on the ground. I have a daughter. I don't want her to see ME dead.

### Later That Day...

### Neveah's POV

I sit in the living room, the TV playing softly in the background. Faith is napping, and I feel a wave of guilt wash over me. I need help, but I don't know where to start. The pain of losing Jake has consumed me, and I don't know how to get out of this dark place.

I hear a knock on the door. It's my mom again.

**Beyonce:** Neveah, we need to talk. I can't leave you like this.

**Neveah:** Mom, I'm trying, okay? It's just hard. Every day feels like a battle.

**Beyonce:** I know, baby. But you need to fight for Faith. She needs you. Let's get you some help.

**Neveah:** I don't know if I can do it.

**Beyonce:** You can, and you will. For her. Let's go to a support group or therapy. Anything to help you get back on your feet.

### A Week Later...

### Neveah's POV

I attend my first therapy session. It's strange talking to a stranger about my feelings, but I know I need to do this for Faith. The therapist listens as I pour out my heart, telling her about Jake, the pain, and the darkness that's been consuming me.

**Therapist:** Neveah, it's important to remember that healing takes time. You've been through a lot, and it's okay to ask for help.

### A Month Later...

### Neveah's POV

I'm starting to feel a little better. The therapy sessions are helping, and I'm slowly starting to see the light my mom talked about. I still have my bad days, but I'm learning how to cope without turning to smoking or cutting.

Faith is my anchor. Every time I look at her, I see a reason to keep going. I want to be there for her, to watch her grow up and be a part of her life.