Chapter 13: Once a Cheater Always a Cheater (Updated)

1 year later

### 1 Year Later

#### Neveah's POV:

It's been two weeks since I last saw Jake. He claims he's been staying at a friend's house, but I can't keep telling that to Faith. It's too much to handle.

**Faith:** Mwommy, whwere is dwaddy?

**Neveah:** We are going to find him, okay?

**Faith:** Okway.

#### Jake's POV:

I'm at this girl's house named Leanna. I left my family home because, after Neveah had the baby, she hasn't given me the attention I crave. So I met Leanna, and she gives me all the attention I want.

#### Neveah's POV:

I go to the bathroom and follow my regular hygiene routine. I get Faith from her bed and put her in her rainbow romper, slip on her sandals, and twist her hair to the side. When I reach Jake's friend's house, I ring the doorbell, and a half-naked girl opens the door.

**Leanna:** Hey, you must be, umm, Neveah. I'm Leanna.

**Neveah:** Hey, where's Jake?

**Leanna:** Oh, you're his sister, right? And this cutie pie is his cousin? He's been talking all about you guys.

**Neveah:** Umm, who is giving you this information?

**Leanna:** Well, Jake did.

**Neveah:** No, I'm his girlfriend. This is his daughter, and we're a family. Can I come in?

She lets me in, and I go straight to her room and see Jake there, butt naked.

**Neveah:** Wow, was I supposed to trust your ass? (Tears fall down my cheeks.)

**Jake:** I'm sorry, babe—

**Neveah:** Don't 'babe' me. I'm not your babe. I brought your daughter here because she wanted to see you.

**Jake:** Where is she?

**Neveah:** We're leaving. Bye.

#### Jake's POV:

I really messed up big time. Now I've lost my family. I can't handle this. It's too much.

#### Neveah's POV:

**Faith:** Mwommy, why I didn't swee dwaddy?

**Neveah:** Honey, I'm not talking about this right now. Okay, go to your room.

I can't believe Jake did this to me. He has a family and everything. Why would he want to cheat on me and tell her that I'm his sister? I hope he understands someday that he meant the world to me.

#### Later That Evening:

I sit alone in the living room, the quietness of the house almost deafening. The tears I've been holding back all day finally start to flow freely. I look around at the pictures on the walls, the memories of happier times. Faith's laughter echoes in my mind, and I wonder how I will ever explain this to her.

#### Jake's POV:

I can't stop thinking about what I've done. Neveah's face, the hurt in her eyes, keeps replaying in my mind. I thought I could escape the responsibilities, the stress, but now I see how wrong I was. I've lost everything that mattered.

#### Neveah's POV:

The next day, I wake up to find Faith sitting on my bed, her big eyes filled with questions.

**Faith:** Mwommy, is dwaddy coming home?

I pull her into my arms, feeling the weight of the world on my shoulders.

**Neveah:** I don't know, sweetheart. But we're going to be okay. I promise.

#### A Week Later:

Jake tries to contact me multiple times, but I ignore his calls. I'm not ready to forgive him, not after what he did. I have to focus on Faith and myself now. We're moving out of Mom's house next month, and I need to get everything in order.

#### Jake's POV:

I keep calling, but Neveah doesn't pick up. I don't blame her. I hurt her deeply, and I don't know how to make it right. Leanna was a mistake, a stupid, selfish mistake. I've been staying at her place, but it doesn't feel like home. It never will.

#### Neveah's POV:

One evening, as I'm packing some boxes, Mom comes into my room.

**Mom:** Neveah, can we talk?

I nod, not looking up from my packing.

**Mom:** I know you're hurt, and I understand why. But you need to think about what's best for Faith.

I stop and sit down, the exhaustion and sadness overwhelming me.

**Neveah:** I know, Mom. I just don't know what to do anymore.

She sits beside me, putting an arm around my shoulder.

**Mom:** You're stronger than you think, and Faith needs you to be strong for her. Whatever you decide, I'm here for you.

#### The Next Day:

Jake shows up at the house, looking disheveled and desperate.

**Jake:** Neveah, please, can we talk?

I hesitate, but then nod. We sit down in the living room, the tension palpable.

**Jake:** I'm so sorry for everything. I know I messed up. I want to make things right, for you and for Faith.

I look at him, seeing the sincerity in his eyes, but also remembering the betrayal.

**Neveah:** It's not that simple, Jake. You hurt us. I can't just forget that.

He nods, tears in his eyes.

**Jake:** I know, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to earn your trust back. Please, just give me a chance.

I take a deep breath, the pain still fresh.

**Neveah:** We'll see. Right now, I need time.

#### Neveah's POV:

I watch as Jake leaves, the weight of the decision ahead pressing down on me. I look at Faith, playing innocently in her room, and I know I have to make the best choice for her. Whatever happens, we'll be okay. We have to be.