Chapter 4 New Reality Part 2 (Updated)

Neveahs outfit in the mm

### Beyoncé's POV:

Things have been deteriorating between Chris and me, especially since I adopted Neveah. His abusive behavior has escalated, and I can't continue living like this. His hurtful texts blame me for everything, hurling disgusting insults just because I wanted a daughter. But amidst this turmoil, Neveah remains my ray of light, unaffected by the toxicity, happily playing in the game room.

Each day feels like walking on eggshells around Chris. His unpredictable moods and substance abuse have created a tense atmosphere at home. I've tried to shield Neveah from his outbursts, but I fear she's not oblivious to the tension. She deserves a stable environment, free from fear and conflict.

### Neveah's POV:

I'm in the game room with Blue, engrossed in a game of Twister, when my phone buzzes with a message from my friend Kayla.

**Kayla:** Hey girl!

**Neveah:** Hey, what's up?

**Kayla:** Okay, so you know how you said you'd visit the foster house today?

**Neveah:** Yeah.

**Kayla:** Can you come like now?!?!

**Neveah:** Ummm, sure. Let me get ready.

**Kayla:** Okay, byeeeee!

**Neveah:** MOM, CAN WE GO TO THE FOSTER HOUSE NOW?!?!

**Beyoncé:** OK!

Excitedly, I hurriedly change into my favorite "Feels Like Paris" tank top, slip on my pre-cut high-waisted shorts, and lace up my black, white, and red Jordans. It feels good to get out of the house, even if it's just for a visit.

### Beyoncé's POV:

I drop Neveah off at the foster house and return home, hoping for a moment of peace. Instead, I find Chris back, his presence a dark cloud over my attempts to maintain normalcy.

**Beyoncé:** Where the hell have you been?!?!

**Chris:** Out.

**Beyoncé:** You better tell me where you've been before I throw you out.

**Chris:** I was at a friend's house.

**Beyoncé:** Was that so hard?

**Chris:** YOU NEED TO STOP!!

His voice rises, and before I can react, he grabs me roughly and slams me against the wall. The force of the impact knocks the breath out of me, and pain shoots through my back.

**Beyoncé:** I just wanted you to come back home.

I struggle to maintain composure, my mind racing with fear and frustration. I've endured Chris's temper for too long, but now, with Neveah in my life, I can't ignore the impact it's having on us both. She deserves better, and so do I.

### Neveah's POV:

At the foster house, I'm greeted by familiar faces and a mix of emotions. It's strange being back here after everything that's happened. Kayla rushes over to me, her excitement palpable.

**Kayla:** Neveah! I'm so glad you made it!

**Neveah:** Hey, Kayla. It's good to see you.

**Kayla:** Come on, let's go say hi to everyone.

We weave through the halls, passing rooms filled with kids playing and staff members bustling about. It's bittersweet to see the place where I spent so much of my childhood. The memories flood back, both painful and comforting.

**Neveah:** How have things been here?

**Kayla:** It's been okay. You know how it is. Some days are better than others.

As we reach the common area, I spot Mrs. Stuttgart, the stern but caring woman who runs the foster home.

**Mrs. Stuttgart:** Neveah! It's wonderful to see you. How are you, dear?

**Neveah:** I'm good, thank you. Just visiting.

**Mrs. Stuttgart:** Well, we're always happy to have you back, even if it's just for a little while.

I smile gratefully at her. Despite the hardships I faced here, this place also provided me with stability and care during a tumultuous time in my life.

Kayla and I spend the afternoon catching up with old friends and playing games with the younger kids. It feels good to reconnect with familiar faces and share in their joy, even if my mind keeps drifting back to the turmoil at home.

### Beyoncé's POV:

Back at home, I retreat to my room, nursing my bruised back and battered emotions. Chris's rage is becoming unbearable, and I fear for both Neveah and myself. I can't let this continue. I need to protect us, no matter the cost.

**Beyoncé:** Neveah deserves so much more than this.

I look at a photo of Neveah and me on the dresser, a reminder of why I fight to keep us safe. She's my strength, my reason for pushing through each day. I won't let Chris's toxicity destroy what we've built together.

As evening falls, I hear Neveah's joyful laughter echoing through the house. It's a stark contrast to the tension that has gripped us for so long. Despite everything, she finds moments of happiness, and I cling to that hope.

### Neveah's POV:

As the sun sets, I reluctantly say goodbye to the foster house and the friends who have become like family to me. Kayla hugs me tightly, promising to stay in touch.

**Kayla:** You know you can always come back, right?

**Neveah:** Thanks, Kayla. I appreciate that.

I walk out into the cool evening air, feeling a mix of emotions. Visiting the foster house reminded me of how far I've come and the challenges I've overcome. It also reinforced my determination to create a better future for myself, no matter the obstacles.

Back in the car, I glance over at Beyoncé. Her expression is unreadable, but I know she's carrying the weight of our struggles on her shoulders. I reach out and take her hand, offering what little comfort I can.

**Neveah:** We'll get through this, Mom. I know we will.

Beyoncé squeezes my hand gently, a small smile tugging at her lips.