Chapter 37: Old Friends New Drama (Updated)

## Neveah's POV

Today, I'm heading over to my longtime best friend Jasmine's house. She recently had twins, and since I just gave birth, I thought it would be fun to catch up. I decided to dress Aubrey in a green shirt, blue pants, and his Jordan socks. Faith wore a mint dress with white flats, and I styled her hair in a rose bun.

### At Jasmine's House

"Heyy girlllyy, long time no talkyy," Jasmine greeted me as soon as I walked in.

Jasmine is flawless, but she can be quite quirky.

"I see you still hold the quirky trophy," I replied, and we both burst out laughing.

"Well, I can't argue there. What's going on with you?" Jasmine asked, curiosity gleaming in her eyes.

"Well, I just had a son named Aubrey. My sister had a son on the same day, which is really cute, but my mom hates her guts now," I explained.

"Wow, why?" Jasmine looked shocked.

"Blue had a baby at 15—"

"Hold up, my parents told me never to sell your v-card," Jasmine interrupted.

"Who told you she sold it? She just had teenage brain," I snapped, getting a bit irritated. Jasmine should stop worrying about my sister losing her virginity and just listen if she wants to know about it so badly.

"How about we talk about something different, like what are the twins' names?" I suggested, trying to change the subject.

"Well, one is Eleana because that's my mom's name and she's so elegant. The other is Eleanor because I know one of them is going to be rich," Jasmine said with pride, which was a bit annoying. "Where did you get Faith and Aubrey from, a ghetto family?"

As she finished speaking, a flawless man walked into the house. I couldn't help but look him up and down.

"Wow, your husband is gorgeous. Did you get him from the modeling industry?" I asked, half-joking, half-serious.

And then I heard Jasmine talking her usual nonsense, but I ignored her because she's my best friend.

"There goes Neveah, talking her ways into my man's life," Jasmine said snidely.

"I can never make that mistake a second time," her husband, Drake, chimed in.

This mofo's getting on my nerves. "Then how did you meet this one?" I asked, trying to mask my annoyance.

### 2 Hours Later

I left Jasmine's house because I was kind of falling for her man. He is legit sexy, and I don't even know why I'm acting like a man-snatcher. Time to talk to Blue about it.

"Hey, girl, how was the meet-up?" Blue asked as soon as I walked in.

"It wasn't that good. Jasmine changed a lot. I mean, she went from quirky to quirkier. But I think I'm winning our friendship over again," I said, trying to sound optimistic.

"Did you meet anybody else?" Blue asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I met her sexy-ass husband. But, I mean, they are relationship goals, and I don't trust just any man. He looks like the player type," I confessed.

### Later That Night

I get a phone call from Jasmine.

"Hey, girl, you won't believe what happened today," Jasmine's voice quivered on the other end.

"What happened?" I asked, worried.

"I asked Drake if he was falling for you," she said, crying. "And I think he loves you, girl. I can't divorce him; he's the father of my children."

"Jasmine, calm the hell down. Let me tell you something. He still loves you. Try to make up with him tonight. Goodnight," I said, trying to soothe her.

"Hold up, I'm still with another guy at the same time, so we'll see. Night, bitchhhhhhhh," Jasmine added.

"Night, hoeee," I replied, shaking my head.

### Thoughts Before Bed

This girl didn't just tell me she's with another guy. I knew she was a cheater, but how could she do that to Drake? But as I said, us bad bitches are winning.

### The Next Day

I'm really tired of Jasmine throwing shade online. Yeah, okay, they got a divorce, but who cares? I'm not trying to start shit with her. I'm a mom now, and I'm 21. I'm not 15 and childless anymore.

### Reflections

As I look at my life now, I can't help but feel a mix of emotions. On one hand, I'm thrilled with my beautiful children and my close bond with Blue. On the other hand, the drama with Jasmine is exhausting. I wish things could go back to the way they were when we were just two carefree girls laughing at silly jokes and sharing secrets. But life has a way of complicating things.

### Faith's Innocence

Faith has been a ray of sunshine through all this. Despite the stress and drama, she's been a perfect big sister to Aubrey. Watching her care for him and Andre with such tenderness makes my heart swell with pride. She's growing up so fast, and I want to protect her from all the craziness in my life.

### Blue's Strength

Blue has shown incredible strength, too. Despite being so young, she's handling motherhood with grace. We're a team, and we support each other through thick and thin. I can't imagine going through this journey without her by my side.

### Moving Forward

I know I need to have a serious talk with Jasmine. Our friendship is important to me, but I can't let her bring negativity into my life. I need to set boundaries and focus on what's best for my family. Maybe one day we'll find a way to be friends again, but for now, I need to protect my peace.

To be continued. ...