Chapter 12: Bundle of Joy (updated)

### Neveah's POV:

It's been ten months since Faith came into my life, turning everything upside down and filling my days with joy and exhaustion in equal measure. Waking up to her cries in the middle of the night has become my new normal, and despite the challenges, I wouldn't trade this experience for anything.

I glance over at Faith sleeping peacefully in her crib, her tiny fists curled up against her chest. She's my little princess, and seeing her smile makes all the sleepless nights worth it. Jake moved in with me shortly after Faith was born, and I couldn't have asked for a better partner. He's been incredibly supportive, helping with diaper changes, late-night feedings, and just being there when I need a moment to myself.

**Neveah:** Jake, thank you.

**Jake:** I'll be back before the street lights are off.

**Neveah:** Nah, you can come back whenever you're ready.

Jake's dedication and love for Faith and me reassure me that we're in this together, despite the challenges we face as young parents. We've talked about moving out on our own soon, which gives me hope for a more stable future.

### Beyoncé's POV:

I've been feeling a whirlwind of emotions since Faith was born. As much as I want to hold my grandbaby, Neveah won't even let me into her room. It's been tough adjusting to this new dynamic in our household. I understand Neveah's need for independence, but it hurts not being able to spend more time with Faith and support Neveah in person.

**Beyoncé:** Neveah, can we talk?

I've been trying to find the right moment to approach her, but she's been avoiding me lately. Every time I try to engage her in conversation, she shuts me out. It's frustrating because I want to be there for her and for Faith.

**Neveah:** Mom, I'm busy right now. Can we talk later?

**Beyoncé:** Neveah, please. I just want to spend some time with Faith.

**Neveah:** Mom, I told you, not now.

Her tone is firm, and I can see the exhaustion in her eyes. I relent, retreating back to my room with a heavy heart. I never imagined things would turn out this way. All I want is to be a part of Faith's life, to help Neveah navigate motherhood, but she's pushing me away at every turn.

### Neveah's POV:

I know Mom wants to be involved, but it's hard for me to let her in. Our relationship has been strained ever since I found out I was pregnant. I feel like she's judging me, even though she tries to hide it. Jake has been my rock through all of this, and I appreciate his support more than words can express.

### Beyoncé's POV:

I need to find a way to bridge the gap between us. It breaks my heart to see Neveah struggling on her own. I've been thinking about how to approach her without making her feel defensive or criticized. Maybe I need to give her more space and let her come to me when she's ready.

As I sit in my room, I pull out an old photo album. Flipping through the pages, I find pictures of Neveah when she was just a baby. Memories flood back—her first day of school, moments that feel like they happened just yesterday. I miss those times when we were closer, when she would run to me with open arms.

**Beyoncé:** Oh, Neveah...

I wipe away tears as I realize how much I miss those days. Faith is a reminder of the bond we share, and I'm determined to find a way back to that closeness, even if it takes time.