This Won't Do

As soon as Brianna was finally home she took a shower, washed her hair and blew it out. Her nose was itchy and she couldn’t stop rubbing it. She sat down around her little nightstand by her bed and placed her laptop there. She had to get started on that 5000 words essay or it will never be done by tomorrow for class.

While Bri worked on her essay she couldn’t stop getting up to go to the bathroom for a piece of tissue to wipe her nose. Now, she was constantly sneezing.

“Gee Bri, you look terrible,” Caitlyn said sounding worried.

“I’m just under the weather I guess, that’s all, but thanks anyway Cait.”

She smirked, “I was just saying,” She fires back, “no need to get feisty.”

“It’s not you, it’s him!”

“Ooh, sexy teacher getting under your skin?”

“He.Is. NOT. Sexy,” Bri scowled, “He’ll be lucky if he won 10th place out of 10 members competing for best look.”

“Ouch, jeez, give the guy a break.”

“Give him a break? A fucking break? He should just leave and give us all breaks,” I shout getting irritated, “he’s so…” Words fail me but in time Cait speaks.

“He is hot though, come on Brianna, admit it,” She coaxes, “he’s like the total package.”

I murmur my answer in agreement. It’s true! He is kinda hot, but I’m glad Caitlyn didn’t hear me. I sighed in frustration. So far all I’ve written is one sentence that contains 10 words, and I gotta do 5000? Oh, hell nah. We’ll see about- ACHOO!! 

“Oh Bri,” Caitlyn said coming over to feel me, “You’re burning up! Honey, go lay down.”

Caitlyn was like my second mom but she was only 21 years old. She just cared for me a whole lot.

“Okay, but maybe I can wake a little later to finish it?”

“Whatever it takes sweetie, as long as you get some rest, I’ll see if I can go to the pharmacy, get some OTC drug, k?”

“K, Cait, gotta love you.”

Briana’s P.O.V,

By the time I woke , it was after 3 in the morning. Shit! Cait! She was fast asleep on the bed next to mine. She forgot to wake me up! I crawled out of bed and made my way to the nightstand continuing my essay. An hour later my eyes fail me and I began to buck, sleep calling my name, sweetly. Offering candy, anything to get me to die. Soon enough I was spell casted and I drifted, my head resting on the stand, dreaming of grey eyes and black, copper hair getting beaten by the cops. 

When I woke again, it was after 10 in the morning! I’m late. Class starts at 9. Bloody hell, Caitlyn! Why’d she never wake me up? Sneezing into the sleeve of my  pj’s and then coughing shortly after, I spotted a note written and pasted over my laptop. I read it, it was Caitlyn.