That's When I Knew

This is Part 1 to this chapter :).

The smell of chocolate pancakes filled the air. I looked over at the next bed. No Cait. Cait couldn't cook that well so...- Of course, i hadn't been dreaming, Ian was in the kitchen, shirtless and barefooted. Oh, dear. I swallowed and walked forward. Then I cleared my throat and opened the fridge to pour myself some orange juice. Was this what is would be like? Waking up to the smell of something sweet and a glorious sight, if I were married to him? Nonsense Brianna. You're 18. You're not ready for marriage, you're not ready for him.

"Good morning," he said flipping the pan, "pancake?"

"Yes, please," whoa, where did that smoothness come from?

His eyes widened when he got a good look at me. What? What is it? I looked down at myself. Oh! I'm practically naked. I was in an over sized t-shirt and panties only. I cleared my throat again and sat around the kitchen island. 

"Where did I get this t-shirt from?"

He looked at me bemused. Shirtless Ian= Brianna in over sized t-shirt. Oh! I blushed.

"Where was I last night?"

"Well, you found your way here but not exactly in the apartment so I took you and Cait went to buy some food. I didn't wanna search your drawers so I put you in my shirt. Don't worry, Cait changed you I just lent the shirt."

Well that's good news, ish.

"She's gone to work btw," he said as he placed a plate full of pancakes in front of me. Yum!

"Work? School! We're gonna be late...-" I panicked.

He chuckled softly, "Relax, I didnt get a chance to tell you."

"Tell me what?" I asked.

"Yesterday's presentation was practically the last grade for this semester and because spring break is a week away, holiday starts from now, so no more classes."

"Oh, that's good to hear."

"I can imagine," he smirked.

"Shit! Soryy but I dont want a bad grade so I was hoping since I didnt do my presentation.." I asked, "please?"

He stood on the opposite side of the island contemplating whether or not to give me another chance. 

"Under one condition..."

"Which is?"

"We get to talk."

"Ian, I don't think that's such a good idea...-"

"I just want a chance to explain everything...I dont know how to deal with all these...feelings."

"What do you mean, haven't you had feelings before for anyone?"

"Only once and I....please Brianna?"

Now it was my turn to be contemplating. Should I do this? I mean it would take away all those awkwardness. Fine.

"Okay but I want no less than a C+!"

"That's my decision Ms. Comebat, now eat up," he orders.

Ahh, thats the teacher I know and____? I still haven't filled in that blank space, yet. I didnt hate him anymore but neither did I love him. Did I? I looked at him. Straight nose, fuller lower lip, light-feathered eyebrows, grey eyes and copper black hair that I grew to love. 

"Staring is rude," he smirked, quoting my words.

"I'm attracted to beauty, therefore I shall stare," I said with a smirk of my own, quoting him back.