Meeting the Fam

I feel so bad cause I haven't posted in a while :c. Don't hate me.

Enjoy.

Bri’s P.O.V,

I stayed up all day and night until Cait came back and when she did arrive, she was drunk and wary. I had to get her to the room, undress her and put her to bed.

“I’m sorry I shouted at you Cait, it’s all my fault,” I had said, my voice cracking as I fell on top of her and cried silently on her chest. 

By morning, loud choruses and church bells rang in my ears so that I jolted awake. I looked across the room to Cait’s bed. It was neatly spread and empty. An empty wrapper of pills and a half filled glass of water was at the bedside. She woke up with a headache was all I drew from the situation. I climbed warily out of bed as I threw the sheets off my body. I scratched my butt as I walked lazily into the kitchen. I heard the muffled noises of the TV. I looked into the fridge for something to eat, on the contrary, nothing was found. When was the last time we went grocery shopping? I wished I could have that bacon now from yesterday. 

I crept silently into the TV room and poked my head out from around the corner to spy on Cait. Her face was grimly set as she watched the screen. 

“Hi,” I croaked.

“We need to talk,” She blurted.

I sighed, jeez already? “I know.”

I went to sit down beside her. She turned off the TV and shifted so she was now facing me. 

“About yesterday, if you don’t want me to date Ian, it’s acceptable.”

“Whoa, stop. Why wouldn’t I want you to date him?”

“Well you seemed so upset lately, I thought…”

“You thought wrong, I’m totally fine with you and Ian. I was just so shocked that you guys, you know, had a little fun.”

Cait stifled a laugh, “But I don’t see the problem, you did it!”

“Ouch, I know. I had no control. It’s like when I saw him nude in the shower, all wet, I got tingly and desires started flowing, girl!”

Cait didn’t bother covering up as she let go and burst into a cloud of laughter.

“Okay, so I can date him?”

“Of course, what would make you think otherwise?”

“Well yesterday, you said you were protecting me?”

“I just didn’t want you to get hurt,” I lied. 

I can’t tell her the reason I said that was to cover up for my sorry ass. I could care less for Cait’s protection. She’s never been in any trouble or needed help before. It had grown on me that she figured out situations on her own. 

“I won’t, he’s careful, protective. Oh Bri, I really like him.”

Bile rose in my throat. 

“Then you should go for it,” I managed to choke out.

Cait looked at me, I was just hoping she wouldn’t see behind the fake smile and cloudy eyes. 

“You don’t like him, do you?”

“Good God, no! I adore my teacher, Cait. Who wouldn’t?”

“But you hated him?”

“I strongly disliked him, I still do.”