Out of Mind, Out of Sight

Mom pulled up outside the door and cut the engines. She looked at me first then at Caitlyn not knowing what to expect when we get inside. I gave her a reassuring smile and got out the car furious as hell. How dare he show up at my parents' home!? You know, I never did find out what he and Caitlyn did that night. He had said they never had sex. I busted open the door to see a very angry but keeping his cool Ian, uncomfortable daddy, and D'Ablo looking as if lightening had struck him.

"What are you doing here!? How dare you show up here and at my parents' home at that! How could you!! YOU DIDN'T EVEN VISIT ME WHEN I WAS ON MY FUCKING DEATH BED!"

"Annie..."Dad began.

"No! I want to know what sick person gave him this crazy ass idea to come here. And how the hell did you know I used to live here? I want answers!" By now my chest was moving up and down at a rapid pace. 

The door shut behind me and I knew mom and Cait were standing gaping at the sight.

"Now," my mother began her face sturdy, "this is still my house and I have no crap of what is going on here so I want you," she said pointing at me, "to go and sit down on the family couch and calm down. Now the rest of us will behave like civilized people and speak our minds and try to reason." 

She fixed D'Ablo a sturdy glare, "I assume you are D'Ablo?"

"Evans. D'Ablo Evans," they shook hands.

"So um...you were my daughter's boyfriend?" 

"Am. I am your daughter's boyfriend."

I chuckled. Oh hell nah, he did not just say that.

"Were, you freaking were her boyfriend Evans. Don't come here with your twisted story. We all knew what happened," Ian snapped. 

"Hold up, if you are my daughter's boyfriend, where the fuck were you when she had a concussion? Just saying but I know a caring boyfriend would've been by her side from the beginning."

I chuckled. Oh father. 

"I had business to take care of out of town."

"Bullshit!" Ian spat.

"Ian," mom said firmly, "this is between you four. I'm not trying to say I don't want to help but I think it's best if we took a walk around town for a while let you kids sort out yourselves, right honey?" she said looking at dad. He scowled but nodded.

"Don't break nothing!" Dad said as he shut the door closed behind him.

"Brianna," D started but I cut him off.

"Where were you when I wanted you to be there? I had a concussion D'Ablo and do you know how I felt when i found out my best friend supposedly slept with my boyfriend..."