Ring a Bell?

Three days have passed since then and now it was Friday. Progress was being made. We had a bad, very awkward, ignoring eye contact, professional teacher and student relationship and I was proud of myself, thank you. Not once did I cave.

I get a ride to school from Caitlyn but we were partially late. It is now 8:59am and by car it's gonna take me at least 5 more minutes to get to school. But I wasn't as anxious as I used to be when I was late. I was surprisingly fine with it but I didn't want him to see it as an act of defiance so I told Cait to put a little pep in her step.

"Gosh, Cait! I said a pep."

"This is a pep," she reminds me and then swerves onto the side of the road and then back onto it. Beeps were heard and Cait rolled down her window and-

"Cait, don't."

and she thrusted her arm through the window and flashed the driver the finger. I sighed and then laughed, "Cait!"

"He deserved it. Asshole!" she screams out the window.

She pulls up outside my school in exactly 2 minutes. I thank her then walk to my class. It's 9:03am now. Bleh, I am practically early. However, I am stopped just inside the school hallway by 2 bubbling twins smiling at me.

"Hey, I'm Selayna," one says.

"Serena," the other replies.

"Oh I know," I say looking at both of them. Everyone knew the twins. They kept amazing parties at their brother's house who was amazingly rich by the way.

They giggle, "of course, well here's an invitation to our pre-summer party. You wouldn't want to miss it."

One smile looks genuine while the other's smile looks like she's trying to smile through pain. I overlook it anyway as Selayna shoved the invitation in my hand. They smile and walk away.

I've never been invited to any of their parties before. Partially because they didn't know me and I didn't take their classes. I checked my phone, 9:07am.

I step into the class at 9:10am but it didn't exactly start yet. Ian...ahem. Mr. Somerhalder wasn't even at his desk.

I walk to my seat and set my bag down and studied the invitation.

It was well done and colorful. I looked around and a lot of the girls had them as they were talking.

It says: CONGRATULATIONS, YOU'RE INVITED!!!

78 East Wood Avenue, Cherry Blossom 2

Drinks Inclusive

by Selayna and Serena Starkweather.

That name rings a bell. Where have I heard it before?

The door opens and shuts and his cologne hits me and nearly knocks me over. He's casual today in a grey tshirt and jeans with timbs. He is so hot. Behind me I hear the girls sigh in pure ecstasy. I know, he does that to me too.

"Sorry, I'm late. Traffic jam," he says and he looks for me and finds me like he can't help himself. Our eyes lock but not for more than 5 seconds.

I didn't say I was over him, I said it was progress. I still feel the urge to leap from my seat and allow him to envelope me in his warm, strong arms.

"So we all know summer's in less than 3 weeks," he starts but can't finish because the class erupts in cheers and shouts.

"Alright, settle down," he says. It continues. I see his eyes blaze and I know what's coming next.

"Settle DOWN!" he commands emphasis on the 'down' which was full of power causing the class to fall in a deafening silence.

"Practicals are coming up. You will work in fours. Two lawyers, a client and a witness. Whoever you will be is typed on the sheet. You are not allowed to switch as there is a personal code on the sheet assigned to your name. I will issue the papers as soon as I'm done talking. Everyone will get their own copy but is not allowed to copy or edit. You will not add or subtract any content. You will have to sieve through to find things meaningful. It is not straight forward. I will be sitting at my desk while I allow you to read and plan. You are marked in groups and separately. Any queries go through me. Are we clear?" he asks ever so softly.