Chapter 18

Logan did as he promised and came with me to the next session with Professor Xavier.

We currently sat in his study. I had my knees crossed comfortably and my foot bouncing up and down nervously. The Professor said this session would be more of a talking one than anything else.

"How has your week been, Ms. LeBeau?" The Professor asked.

"It's been okay, I guess." I shrugged my shoulders lightly.

"That's good. How about your sleeping habits? I know you have trouble sleeping and usually have nightmares. Tell me how they've been this past week."

I shifted uncomfortably in the chair and placed both feet on the floor.

"I-I still have them."

"Yes. Meditation won't take away memories, but it will calm you mentally. Go on." 

I hesitated, licking my lips as I looked out of the windows behind him.

"L-Logan's slept with me the whole week so I wouldn't have the extreme nightmares. But, uh, I um...." I scratched my temple and switched my gaze to the floor. "I broke the door."

"You broke the door?" Xavier repeated, raising his eyebrows. "How so?"

"Um, I-I went to go see Remy one night and.... and it sort of lost it's knob."

"I see." Xavier nodded. "How would you feel if I were able to find a material that your mutation cannot destroy?"

"You.... You can't really make everything out of it, Professor."

"No, I mean as in gloves. Rogue uses gloves to keep from accidentally harming the students here. You could use them for the same and to keep from breaking things."

"I-I don't know if you'll be able to find a material I can't break, Professor." I said quietly.

"Do not doubt what my students can do." Xavier chuckled lightly, but then he got serious again. "Can you explain to me what your nightmares are about?"

Oh great.

I shifted again in my seat and leaned away from Logan, who was watching me intently. I felt like he was judging me and that's what the voices were saying.

"He doesn't care about you. He just feels sorry."

I squeezed my eyes shut and rubbed my temples. The voices were screaming in my head now.

"They're all judging you! You're pathetic and useless-,"

"Embry-Lynn-," A gentle hand being placed on my shoulder scared me. I took the hand and held it until I realized it was Logan and that I had burnt off the first couple layers of his skin very quickly. "Shit." He cursed under his breath, moving his hand closer to his body.

"Logan! I-I'm so sorry-,"

"Embry, it's okay." Xavier cut me off. "Logan? I think it would be best for Embry-Lynn if you let us have time alone-,"

"No!" I shouted suddenly, surprising myself as well as the two men with me. "I mean, I think I want him in here.... Just in case.... In case I can't be stopped by you." 

There was a while of silence before Xavier nodded.

"As you wish, Ms. LeBeau. But please do describe for me what your dreams are."

I nodded and began to describe them to him.

They were mostly of my time as an experiment of Stryker's. All the needles, the blood drawing, the cuts, the bright lights.