Chapter 29

Logan and I had to keep our distance from each other for the last few days. We just seemed to clash over the smallest things now.

When Remy was around, he'd look at me questioningly and then leave, saying something about the Spark and a poker game.

I don't know exactly why we were arguing. We never fought much, but now I was afraid to even walk through the living room to get to the kitchen from my bedroom. I wasn't afraid of Logan. I was afraid of hurting him myself.

"Em, the guys are missin you, amour." Remy told me as he began to head for the door. I was in the kitchen, getting ready to hide in my room for the rest of the night. "They wanted me to mention to you about coming around again."

"What time does the round start?" I glanced to the stove clock. It read ten forty two.

"Eleven. I'm makin a stop at the diner to see that Cheryl girl who works there." Remy gave me a wink.

"I can make an appearance." My lips curled up in a little smirk. "You can go see Cheryl and I'll get ready. I need to get out of here for a few hours anyways."

"Is Howlett here?" Remy peered into the living room.

"No." I sighed out and followed his gaze. "He left a while ago. Not sure where he went."

"You need to talk to him, Embry-Lynn."

"I'll talk to him when he stops being so rude to me. He called me clingy." I rolled my eyes and started to head towards my room. "See you in a few, Remy."

"Careful on the streets, Embry."

•*•*•

I was getting ready in the bathroom, putting on my makeup, when I heard the front door open.

I peeked out to check and make sure it was Logan. Our eyes met for a split second and I returned to doing my makeup.

"Where are you goin?" He asked, heavy steps coming towards me.

"Poker game with Remy." I finished applying red lipstick and put it into my back.

"Dressed like that?" Logan took in my attire.

I wore a fitting, short black dress that dipped down in the front and had thin straps.

"I have a jacket." I told him. I didn't let my scarred shoulders show in public if I could help it.

"Where is LeBeau?"

"He already left."

"So you're gonna walk there alone?"

"I'm a big girl, Logan." I sighed out and brushed past him as I went to my room.

He followed me to my room, standing in the doorway while I put on a pair of black heels.

"Where's the game at? The Spark?"

My eyes flickered up to meet Logan's, but he looked back to my shoes.

"You're not walking me to the bar, Logan."

"I'm not letting you leave here alone, Embry, so either you let me take you or you stay here."

"Why? So you can yell at me when I do something you don't like?" I raised my voice. "Damn it, Logan! I'm trying not to be clingy! I'm giving you space! What else do you want!"

"I want you to stop fuckin arguing with me! I didn't mean you were clingy in a bad way, Embry!" Logan stopped after he shouted back at me and let out a breath. "I'm sorry, Embry-Lynn. I don't like the way we've been distanced from each other. It makes me feel like shit." He mumbled, clearly not liking that he had to apologize about something so stupid.