Sprinting against the king of Corona's joyous plans

"Rapunzel, have you seen the court official documents that the council sent? I need them." I said.

"Yes, Eugene. But for what for if I may ask, my love?" she replied.

"I don't know, really... Your father just told me to present it to him, once we've found it. I forgot to ask any further questions..." I said. "My mistake."

"Oh, well..." she said, walking towards me. "I doubt that it's anything bad. I trust Father on this." she said, embracing me from the back.

"You're probably right." I said.

"Here." she said, handing me a file sealed with the Corona national symbol on it. "The documents are inside."

"Thanks." I said, before rushing out the door only to be stopped in the middle of my tracks by the one and only king of Corona, himself.

"Your- Your Highness!" I exclaimed.

"Aah! Eugene! Just the man that I was looking for!" He said, giving me a tight hug.

The tightness of his hug prevented me from breathing normally... 

"S- Sir... I- I can't breathe!" I said, gasping for air.

"Oh!" He said in surprise. "There you go!" he shortly then let go of me after that.

"Thank you, your Highness." I said, bowing my head.

"No need for such formalities! We're not outside the castle, remember?" He said, winking at me.

"Yes... Yes... One of the royal family rules is still need to get used to.... Hehe...." I said, scratching my head.

"Good." He said, smiling "Now... What was I here for..." 

I tried to speak but he put a finger in front of my mouth.

"Right.." He said, putting his heavy arms and hands on my shoulders. "Do you recall the time when you and Rapunzel visited Arandelle?" 

Rapunzel spit out the tea she was drinking....

"Sadly... Yes. It hailed a heavy blanket of snow, almost freezing us both to death.. It was a nightmare." I said.

"Well... to go there, you did need to sow them a form of identification right? like... documents if I do remember..." He said, giving me the biggest and fiddly smile I've ever seen him give.

Then it dawned on to me.... No... No! NO! No!

"With all do respect, we are not going back to that mad place! It was said to be very WARM and beautiful at that particular time of year as it was indeed summer. And it was indeed beautiful but it was indeed life threateningly cold, too!" I cried it out loud.

"Eugene... It can't be that bad..." she said.

"No. It was that bad!" I said, baffled by what she said.

"Right...." He said. He sounded like he had a scheme in mind.

I arched a brow.

"Would you mind giving me those important files that you are holding? Don't worry... I'll keep it safe and sound." he said.

I folded my hands behind my back, trying to keep the important papers away from the king. 

"Come on, now..." he placed the palm of his in between us.

"Dad... What are you both doing?" She asked.

He stayed quiet for a moment.

I sprinted forthwith to escape the king's plans of sending us back to Arandelle. Without these papers of identification, we can't possibly be prohibited to get in the Arandellian borders.

The king sighed. "As expected... No one wants to go back to that awfully confused country... Guards!"

A troop of royal guards instantly appeared right before him. He instructed retrieve themeless that I was holding. 

"What the heck is happening." She said.

~

I was in the royal kitchen, hiding from the king and his loyal guards, sneaking in some few sweets in my pockets to eat. Old habits do die hard...

"Prince Eugene?" A female's voice said.

I looked up from my crouching position behind the cupboard to see whose voice it belonged to. it was Millicent, one of the maids that worked here.

"Why are you hiding, you Highness?" She said, eagerly.

She was about the age of fifteen, I think. What an innocent looking being... Her face said so...

"Sshh! Be quiet!" I said, shushing her.

"Why?" She said, beckoning towards me.

"They'll catch me!" I said.

"Who?" she said.

"By them!" I said, pointing at the guards arriving.

"Get him!" one of the guards declared.

"Fuck." I said with fear in my eyes.

"Oops..." Millicent said.

"Yeah, Millicent! OOPS!" I said with a disappointed and angered look on my face.

Once again, I sprinted forward, trying to escape the guards' wraths. Stupid, Millicent. 

~

In the end, I was caught and the files filled with the important documents were taken away from me.

"Why... Why can't your Highnesses just go instead of Rapunzel and I!" I said.

"Because I'm the king." He stated. "Plus, I don't want to go either." he mumbled.

"What!" I said with tears of fear collecting in eyes.

"Eugene, calm down... I doubt that it'll happen again. My cousin's got her powers under control." She said.

"But-" I said.

"You don't know how hard it is for people who have powers to control them. It's harder than you think." She said.

Three weeks later, we were on a giant ship heading to Arandelle to meet her royal cousins. 

"Great." I said.

But for me, it really wasn't.