Time pt2

"H- how is this possible... Guardians are only supposed to age on command! This... This is out of the ordinary, even for us..." Toothiana was examining Jack very closely, every second he changed age, every wrinkle that formed on his face that quickly disappeared, and every breath he took, to see every detail of the situation. "It can't be helped. We must ask the moon what has become of him."

~

Moments later the Easter Bunny arrived to greet us with some unexpected news.

"Oi! You won't believe what's happening with Manny and the Time-Prince-Guy..." He burst in through the door startling the elves and yetis before realising the how thick the air was with high emotions mixed in. It wasn't pleasant. "Shi- Wha- What's goin' on..."

Toothiana directed her gaze to the unconscious trickster. "Oh.. So that's why..." He went still for a second but quickly regained his posture.

"What do you mean by, 'that's why'?" I brushed my bird as if to replace the notion of grasping and caressing one's chin when in thought.

"They... were fighting about.. him." He scratched his head.

"Details?" The Sandman nodded in agreement to what she said.

"Well, I can't say I know everything but Pan said-" Bunny said before being cut off by me.

"Pan as in Peter? Peter Pan?" I leaned in closer.

"Yeah? Why?" he looked awfully curious.

"How could he possibly know the dealing between the moon and the prince when he doesn't have any connections tied to them (or us even.)" I raised a brow.

"That's... where you're wrong, my dear Clause." He sat down beside Toothiana and Sandy and patted her back. That somehow gave comfort to her and she gave him a peck on the cheek. "Here's why: One, why would he tell me this if he didn't at least care for the lad. Secondly, remember him not aging?"

I nodded and said, "But that's because he lives in Neverland." My comment made him smirk and said, "But who's to blame why humans there never age?" I became wide-eyed. "Prince..." "That's right!" "So what's the connection now?" I asked. He sighed and said, "Nothing. He just basically knows him cause he was summoned by him a few times. Plus gossip from the mermaids."

I rubbed my face with a bit of force to release some tension. "But why do this for some silly argument. They're better than this."

"Beats me." He shrugged and Toothiana gave him a jab to the stomach. "Ow! Fuck... Sorry. My tone. Very inappropriate."

~

Later that night we consulted the moon about this. After many numerous attempts, he still wouldn't answer.

Toothiana heaved out some air. "This is how it must feel to be Jack, huh."

"No kidding. I never knew how annoying and really bad it was for the moon to neglect Jack like this.." Bunny replied.

Suddenly, Sandy started shaking uncontrollably. His sand started forming something but it was too hard to decipher anything from it. Was he showing us scenes from.. a dream? Then the words, 'nightlight's past', came up and his sand consumed him until briefly disappearing, leaving Sandy behind with sweats rolling down his neck.

We were all in shock. We immediately came rushing forward to the panting yellow man. "Sandy! What happened!" I exclaimed. He just looked at us with frightened eyes.