A day all to her and I

It was a very sunny day, Astrid and I decided to take out our dragons for a spin in the wide open skies.

~Hiccup's POV~

"You don't think it's too hot to start flying today? We can just do it later, you know?" I said, suggesting something else to do in the hot sun.

"Hiccup. Remember, you promised me that you'd be with me the whole day today!" She said in frustration.

"We are going to spend the whole day together but you're not getting the point. I asked if it's too hot for you. If it is, then we'll pick another activity to do." I said, scratching my head.

"Oh. If that's it, I'm fine. No need to worry." She said.

"Alright..." I said.

We were soaring in the sky. The open air caressing my face. The rush I was feelin was... was... Merida?? What!

I thought I heard Merida's voice. Suddenly, I heard people roaring from a distance not too far from where I was. I headed towards the source.

"Hiccup, where're you going!" She asked.

"Wait a sec." I said, going straight to the source of the mighty call.

"But... Hmmph!" She said, angrily going the other direction.

"Wooohooo!" A female voice said.

"It's nice to be up here, huh?" A male voice said.

"It is." The female replied.

As I came closer and closer, I spotted a two individuals on a dragon. Someone with red hair- Merida!
And the other a man with broad shoulders. It... It was... Eret. They... They were about to kiss when...

Merida caught sight of me and excitedly said, "Hiccup! You're here!", turning away from Eret and facing Toothless and I.

"Oh... Was I... Did I... Umm... Interrupt something just now?" I said, awkwardly.

Eret face palmed himself. Merida rolled her eyes and smirked.

"Doesn't matter now. You're here! Let's have some fun!" She said, sounding happier to see me than she was with him.

"I would love to but... I made a promise to Astrid that I'd be with her and her only. I gotta get back. You... Umm... can go back to what you both were doing before I, you know 'interrupted'." I said.

"Awwww..." Merida said, sadly.

I looked back at her in surprise.

"It's okay, Lad! If your woman needs you for today, then she needs you. Don't let us stop you and Astrid's one on one day." She said with a warm smile.

"Thanks." I said, thanking her for understanding my current situation.

I flew back to Astrid. When I saw her, she had a marvelous smile planted on her face.

"I saw what you did there." She said, sounding quite pleased.

"Exactly what did you see?" I asked, circling around her on Toothless.

Toothless had the same expression as I did; we gave her a mischievous grin in return.

"Oh... How you declined the princess' wish to hang out with Eret and her. You did it without hesitation. You knew you'd might have more fun with them but yet you decided to stick around with me. Thanks. I didn't know you cared that much about today." She said, putting her bangs to the side as to see how I'd react.

"You see... That's where you're wrong." I stated.

"What." She said in disbelief.

Her brows crossed.

"You're wrong because you said that I cared about today. But actually.... It's you who I care about. I wouldn't even be doing this if I didn't care about you." I said.

"Oh, Hiccup!" She said with her hands covering her gaping mouth.

For the rest of the day, we partook in multiple activities. Most of which was chosen by Astrid herself. Some of the activities were not really to my liking but... if she's with me, I don't care.

The sun set and darkness was blanketed around the starry night sky.

I was walking home by myself when I heard someone say my name. It was Eret. He was with Merida. She looked rather unpleased for some reason. I decide to snoop my way in, hoping that they won't notice my presence.

He took her hand and gently pulled her closer to him. He was planning to kiss her when... she suddenly stopped him.

"What? Why?" He asked.

She did not reply and instead turned away from his sad expression.

"I... Sorry Lad. I ain't interested. At least not for now..." She said, escaping his grasp.

"Why? I thought we pretty much kicked it off today." He said, even more confused.

"I'm..." She said before spotting me hide behind a tree.

Shoot! I got caught.

She turned red.

"I have to go." She said, sounding hurt.

She hastily ran away, leaving him there in a puzzled and lonely state.

I was stuck there; frozen in place, unable to move. What the heck just happened?

I went back home more confused than ever.