Cozy hideaways in the castle grounds

On a windy afternoon, the queen was enjoying herself by humming melodious tunes taught to her by her parents. It soothed her heart. It made her at ease.

~Elsa's POV~

"Elsa! Come quick!" Anna came bolting in my bedroom.

"What is it, Anna?" I said puzzled by the sudden outburst that is my sister.

"I baked cookies!" She exclaimed sounding very excited and proud.

"Okay... Cookies..." I said.

"No. No,no! Listen to me carefully. I. Baked. Cookies." She replied me in a serious tone.

"Fine..." I grumbled.

I sighed and was lead to the grand kitchen to be 'astonished' by... cookies.

"Boom!" A loud cry was heard from the kitchen.

Anna and I ran as fast as we could to see where the noise came from. When we arrived, we were greeted by a cloud of smoke and ash.

"Wha... What's happening!" Anna and I exclaimed.

"Your... Your cookies burned." Olaf said disappointedly.

"Oh..." Anna said. Tears were streaming down her face.

I patted her on the back and beamed her a smile.

"It's going to be okay. Let's just make new batch." I said reassuringly.

"No it's not. I was supposed to make you taste the cookies that I baked! But I ruined it!" She said angrily.

She ran back up the stairs to her bedroom.

"Anna..." I whispered.

A few hours later, everything was back to normal. Well, except for Anna. She has been sulking ever since. I wish I could do something to cheer her up.I decided to head down to the castle library and find some ideas.

~Anna's POV~

I was in my room crying my heart out. Still sulking at the great disappointment that is my cookies. Knock... knock... Someone was knocking on the door.

"Go away!" I exclaimed.

"Don't worry. It's just me.". Kristoff said in a soft tone.

He opened my bedroom door and started walking to my bed. He sat down beside me. I was covering my face with a pillow, unable to bare with the embarrassement.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asked.

"No." I said in a dreary tone.

A long silence wept the the room.

"Its just that..." I said.

"That's my girl!" Kristoff stated happily.

"It's just that I wanted to impress Elsa with my baking skills... Even though I've never baked before. And I'm just so disappointed at the outcome of it. I made a mess, almost burnt the whole castle down and made uneatable cookies." I said.

"Well, that's the point. You won't get everything right on the first try. Example, look at Elsa. She needed years and years of practice just so she could control her powers. And I think the mature thing to do is, instead of being staying in your room disappointed, go back to the kitchen and make a new batch! Remember you don't get everything perfect on the first try." Kristoff reasured.

"Okay... I did act pretty childish... But I got to hand it to you, you give some great advice sometimes." I said jokingly.

We got up and went straight to the kitchen. Once we finished baking, we tried
finding Elsa but could not.

Where could that queen be.

We ran through the hallways and every corner of the giant castle but she was nowhere to be found. I started getting worried that the cookies would turn cold.

"I've got it! She's in the library! We haven't checked there yet!" Kristoff said ecstaticly.

We ran as fast as we could. When we arrived there, I was shocked to see where Elsa was. Memories. Flashes of warm occasions with Elsa and Jackson came to mind.

"So this is where she goes to hide!" Olaf said very loudly.

"Sssh!" I whispered to him as a signal.

He nodded in reply.

It was her and Jackson's favorite hiding spot! They would sneak out at night or ditch their chores because they were too lazy, they would go there at that that very spot! She looked up and all of us hid.

"You think she saw us?" Olaf asked.

"What are you guys doing? Oh... And I see your well, Anna." Elsa said appearing behind the book shelf.

"W...we baked cookies?" Kristoff said a bit frightened.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Let's go!" Elsa said marching out of the library.

We stood up and started following her to the kitchen when I noticed an open book lying on the floor. She forgot to put it back. I walked up to it and picked it up. I was suprised to see what was squeezed in between the pages. A flower.

"Oh, Jackson... Thanks for being there for Elsa when I wasn't. She needed somebody and I wasn't there." I whispered.