Ch. 7: My Sanctuary

Vanessa's POV:

I woke up in the arms of my beloved as the sunlight peeked through the slightly opened blinds of her bedroom window. It was perfect. I felt at peace being wrapped in the arms of my lover. I cuddled into her chest and she gently squeezed me tighter.

BUZZ BUZZZZ

"Ughhh." She moaned as she unwrapped her arms from my body to turn off her alarm and I immediately felt the chill of the air brushing against my skin where her arms once were. "Baby, don't let me go to work." She pouted and returned to our previous position.

"But you love your job." I laughed and kissed her collarbone. "I wouldn't want to deprive you of something you love."

"I love you more." She said in a serious tone, then switch to teasing. "Don't deprive me of something I love."

"Hey!" I scrunched up my face in frustration. "You can't use my words against me and expect me to do what you want!" I protested.

"Well..." she moved the strands of hair from my neck and bent down to place light kisses along my jaw line then south to my collar bone. "By the way you get flustered from my touch I think I can." She says seductively.

"Well then!" I say as I untangle myself from her arms and stepped out from under the comfortable covers of her king sized bed. "If you'll excuse me I am going to take a shower." I said, quickly making my way to her large marble floored bathroom, while I attempted to hide my blushing face.

I walked into the bathroom and hurriedly closed door behind me and released a breath of relief and started to undress. A nice relaxing shower was what I really needed right now. It probably wasn't right to just get up and leave her there but this feeling...this feeling of not being able to control myself when she gets close and holds me in her arms, I haven't felt anything this strong before...and to be honest it scared me. Having sex with her would be mind-blowing and amazing; I'm 110% sure of that but what if that maximizes my feelings for her even more? What would I do if we broke up? Would I spiral into depression? Anxiety? Or self-pity, for losing another person I loved with all my heart?

"Babe?" I heard her from the other side of the door, "I'm sorry. Did I take it too far?" she sounded desperate to gain my forgiveness.

It was definitely selfish of me to just leave her there and I felt guilty for making her feel this way.

"Nessa? I'm sorry okay?" she said apologetically and paused for a few moments, "Can I join you?" She pleaded like a lost puppy. "I promise I'll go to work after." She tried to assure me.

By this time I was already undressed and was covered by nothing but one of her fluffy white towels. I turned on the shower and waited until it ran hot water. I debated whether I should let her in or not but soon gave in to her. I walked over to door, unlocked it, and slowly let the door swing open. She was, surprisingly, right up against the door and slightly stumbled forward as it opened. I felt her eyes flicker to my hand that was holding the towel up around my body then back up to my face. It was almost as though I could feel how much she wanted to hold me, amongst other things. I could only hope she could feel how much I wanted her back.

"Are you just going to stand there?" I said more coldly than I wanted, "...Or are you going to come here and hold me?" I blushed deeply and finally locked our eyes.

Her body relaxed and a small smile curved onto her perfect lips as she quickly took long strides towards me. And within a few moments I was enveloped in her warmth once again and all the confusion left my mind, all I could think about was Quinn.

"Are you going to get in the shower with your clothes on?" I teased and I received a small chuckle.

I slipped into the shower as she began to undress. I closed my eyes as I felt the warm water soak my hair and skin. Then my thoughts began to run wild again. All the thoughts of doubt reminded me of how weak I was on my own.