Ch. 25: Till Death Do Us Part (1)

Revelations

Vanessa's POV:

Our two-hour flight to Maryland was nearly over and Quinn hasn't said a word since take off. I stared curiously at her while her gaze was fixed on the fluffy white clouds outside the plane window.

"Quinn, are you okay?" I squeezed her hand.

"Huh?" Her attention was brought back from wherever her mind had wandered off to.

"Are you okay?" I repeated.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She smiled and kissed my cheek. "I was just thinking."

"About what?" I asked, assuming she had a million questions running through her mind about why we were on this plane in the first place.

"Us." She revealed.

"Tell me?" I begged gently, not liking the vagueness in her words.

"I will when we land. I want to use this time to figure out how I want to tell you this. I need to articulate my feelings clearly to you." She informed me.

"I understand." I kissed her forehead. "I have to explain myself to you as well but I guess we'll both have to wait till we get settled."

****

The plane landed safely and we left the airport without too much fuss.

"How'd you get such a big house on such sort notice??" I questioned, wide eyed at our new home.

"My mom was from Maryland. Unfortunately, someone already lives in her old house but I had a vacation home built here for us during the same time my estate back in Florida was being constructed." She squeezed my hand.

"It's a lot colder over here in Maryland, we should probably get inside." I began to walk to the door with my luggage rolling behind me.

"Wait!" Quinn pulled me back after I unlocked the door. "I want to do something. Leave your suitcase there."

"What?" I asked in confusion. Then to my surprise she hooked one arm around my waist and the other under my knees. She picked me up swiftly and pecked my lips sweetly.

"It's traditional to carry your bride over the threshold." She smiled lovingly as I wrapped my arms around her neck.

"But we're not married yet." I stated the facts.

"Vanessa." She looked deeply into my eyes. "Ever since the day you saved me in that parking garage, I have been forever wed to you. Even if I don't have the papers to validate it. So please, just let me have this with you now."

"Fine." I kissed her fully on the lips. "But it's only fair that after you carry me in, we come back out here so that I can carry you inside too." I bargained.

"Fair enough." She chuckled. With that said carried me into the structure, never once breaking eye contact with me. "Welcome home."

I squeezed my arms around her neck so that I could reach her lips. I sweetly caressed her cheek as she gave in to me.

"My turn." I cheered and she placed me on the ground.

I quickly ran outside and brought our suitcases into our home before taking hold of her hand and leading her outside. We stood on the front porch again and I kissed her tenderly on the lips.

"Ready?" I asked with an uncontrollable dorky grin plastered on my face.

"When you are." She smiled wholeheartedly back.