Ch. 10: A Delayed Homecoming

Quinn's POV:

"Don't you think it's about time you came home." He stated with a wicked smile.

"I am home. Thank you very much, now if you would please leave my property." I glared at the tall man.

"You know better than anyone that I can't leave yet." He answered.

"If you're here to kill me then know this, I am not going down without a fight." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I know you think very lowly of me and my profession but I am above killing my own sister." His expression slightly hurt from my words.

"Lucas, please, just let me be. I'm happy here. Please." I asked in a pleading yet demanding tone.

"I'm sorry Quinn but father made it VERY clear to not accept 'no'." He shook his head.

Remembering my lover, who was still in the house my mind raced for a quick solution.

"Fine." I concluded, "But promise me you or any of father's henchmen will never come back to this place again."

"I will do my best." He said as he took my hand and led me to a shiny black BMW with tinted black windows.

The drive back to my family's home was long and silent. Lucas sat beside me in the backseat with perfect posture and kept his gaze firmly forward.

"Ugh father turned you into one of his robots as well." I thought with disgust. 'The only thing recognizable of the old you is that scar just beneath your left eye." I looked down, not wanting to accept that the brother that I knew had changed so drastically.

My train of thought was interrupted when the car came to a stop before a large estate. It was like a nightmare, no, it is a nightmare seeing the face of the man that caused me so much pain and suffering. He was wearing an all white suit with a bright red tie along with shiny black dress shoes.

"Welcome back my child." He stood proudly, with his chest pushed forward, hands behind his back, and chin high, as he gazed amusingly at me.

"Father."

****

Vanessa's POV:

It's been about a month since Quinn insisted that I hide in that closest and not come out till I waited at least thirty minutes. But when I came out Quinn was nowhere to be found. There have been no forms of contact between Quinn and myself since then, believe me I've tried everything. I even when to file a missing persons report with the police but they didn't entertain the idea.

I know she told me not to worry but come on! How can I not?! My girlfriend freaking disappeared out of nowhere and hasn't come home in over a month. How am I supposed to do anything but worry?! It was beyond worry at this point, it was utter helplessness.

Another anxiety filled day started off and I left our house for work. The restaurant was fairly empty today and the manager gave us a longer lunch break. I walked a good distance from the restaurant until I found a satisfactory resting spot. I sat in the shade of a blooming cherry tree. I closed my eyes and leaned against the trunk of the tree and began to drift away from reality.

Ringgg Ringg

I sighed as I pulled my phone out of my pocket and up to my ear, without once looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I said slightly hazily.

"Baby, I'm sorry I've made you wait so long but I just desperately need to hear your voice right now." The caller said and my eyes shot open in realization.