Ch. 16: Can't Let You Go

Vanessa's POV:

"Baby, come back to bed..." Alexis moaned sleepily as I walked out of the bathroom.

I finished drying my hair and slipped under covers. "Good morning." I kissed her cheek as she brought me into her embrace.

"Nessa, I want to ask you a serious question." She stated after pecking my lips.

"Okay." I waited for her question.

"Nessa, I want you to move in with me." She looked at me with hopeful eyes.

My thoughts shot to my apartment. All the memories I had there...with Quinn. I didn't know if I was ready to let that go yet.

"I...need to think about it." I answered. "It's just with my career starting off I want to focus on one thing at a time." That wasn't a total lie, I did want to focus on work but I wasn't ready to abandon my feelings for Quinn entirely yet. Her being back in my daily life was bringing up feelings I tried to suppress and I knew there was no way to stop them from resurfacing.

"I understand." She responded and kissed my forehead. "I just wanted to take our relationship to the next level."

"I know babe." I smiled and ran my fingers through her luscious dark brown hair.

****

I walked into the dance studio to find the rest of the girls that Quinn recruited, practicing in front of a glossy mirror. I dropped my stuff off in the corner of the room amongst the other dancers belongings and took an open spot on the dance floor.

"Ladies let's get started!" A woman I assumed was the choreographer exclaimed. I, along with the other girls gathered behind the choreographer and faced the mirror. "Today we will see how well you all are able to work with partners." Men, one for each of us, came through the door and made their way to our side. "The song we will be dancing to today is It Won't stop by Sevyn Streeter!"

****

"One and two and three and four." Shit, I missed a step.

"One and two and three and four." I was off beat that time.

"One and two and three and four." His hand slid down to my ass and I fought the urge to punch him in the jaw.

"Alright! Good work! Let's all take a ten minute break then regroup back here." The choreographer said.

I made my way to my belongings and took out my water bottle. I nearly spit out the water when that heavenly figure strode through the door.

"Ms. Owens! Welcome!" The choreographer gave Quinn a hug. "What brings you here?"

I watched as all the other girls scrambled to fix themselves but all I could do was stare in awe at my lost lover.

"I just came to observe the progress." She smiled.

"Alright! Everyone take your places." The choreographer shouted happily.

I lazily got up from where I was sitting and took my position. The music began to play and it all went down hill from there; From missed dance steps to stepping on my partner's feet, while on top of that he kept trying to feel me up. And Quinn being there made me all the more nervous.

The session ended and I waited for everyone to pack up and leave. Once I was alone I made my way to the front of the mirror. I turned on the music, closed my eyes and tried to remember all the steps as I let my body moves to the beat.

"You know it would be easier if you had a partner." I jumped at the familiar voice behind me.

I switched off the music, "Q-Quinn, I thought you left."