Ch. 23: All in Time

***A/N: I was listening to Lay Me Down (Acoustic) by Sam Smith while I was writing this chapter. Feel free to listen to it while you read!! I posted it on top ^^^

Vanessa's POV:

"Run away with me." I pleaded.

"Nesa..." She breathed. I could see her conflicted soul through her tearful eyes. "I can't. I can't just leave all this behind."

"You did this all for me, I know." I cupped her face and wiped away the fallen tears with my thumbs. "I know this is so selfish of me to ask this of you but I need you. I didn't ask you to do all this for me but now I'm begging you to leave it all behind with me."

"I have so many questions." Her voice was shaky.

"I know and I'll answer all of them but right now I need you to make a choice." I pressed my lips tenderly against her trembling ones. "Please, run away with me?"

She hesitated for a moment before wrapping her arms around my waist and pulled me into her familiar embrace. She kissed me back yearningly, confirming my request.

"How soon do we have to leave?" She said against my lips.

"Tomorrow morning at the latest." I informed her, never releasing her from my embrace.

"Why so soon?" She questioned.

"I'll explain everything later, I promise, but we have to get out of here first." I told her honestly.

"Alright, let's go back to my estate and I'll make some calls for a flight." She took my hand in hers.

"We can't go back to your estate!!" I exclaimed timorously.

"Why?" she raised a sculpted eyebrow.

"Just trust me okay?" I squeezed her hand.

"Okay."

****

I collapsed on one of the beds immediately after entering the large hotel room Quinn booked for us.

"I'm going to make some phone calls on the balcony for our flight arrangements." She said and let go of my hand for the first time.

I watched her as she strode onto the open balcony and pulled out her phone. We decided on going north to Maryland where it was calmer but also close to a city where Quinn could manage the business through one of the branches.

I looked down to find myself still in my wedding dress. I made my way to the bathroom to undressed then stepped into the shower, trying to erase the memories of today. Alexis' hurt expression as I ran out the chapel doors flashed through my mind. I wished that she didn't have to get mixed up in this. I got out of the shower and dried myself off. I huffed when I realized I didn't have a change of clothes. Having no other option, I put back on the lacy lingerie I had on underneath my dress.

I stepped out of the bathroom to find Quinn still occupied by her cell phone. I laid down on the bed that was closest to the balcony so that I could gaze at my true love. My eyes wandered her perfectly curved body with the glowing lights of the city contrasted with the darkened night sky as her backdrop. I watched as she finished talking and stuffed her phone into her pants pocket before walking back into the room.

"I scheduled a flight for 8 a.m." She informed me. "I also asked my assistant to bring us some casual clothes." Her eyes flickered to my exposed body then she quickly averted them in the other direction.

"Thanks." I smiled lovingly at her.

"I'm going to wash up." She said calmly and I felt hurt at how indifferently she acting towards me.

I closed my eyes, desperately trying to remember our best moments together and forget all the turmoil in our lives right now. I knew I made the right decision to come back to her; there is no questioning that. I just didn't understand why she was acting so distant. Didn't she want this?

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the bathroom door open and a freshly washed Quinn came out drying her hair with a fluffy white towel. She was in her panties as well and I wanted her to hold me more than anything. I watched as she took a seat on the other Queen sized bed that was placed a few feet away from mine. She looked down at her phone as she scrolled through something. Unable to take the distance between us any longer I rolled off the lonely bed and kneeled in front of her, taking her attention away from her phone.

"What's wrong?" She questioned as she looked down at me tiredly.

"You look exhausted." I stroked her cheek and she closed her eyes and leaned into my hand.

"It's been a long couple years." She said, her eyes still shut.

"I've missed you." I moved closer to her so that I could embrace her tightly.

"I still have so many questions." She pressed.

"All in time Quinn. You will get all your questions answered, I promise." I kissed her lips longingly. "But right now you need to rest."

"Okay." She gave in and laid back onto the bed.

Pain surged through my chest at how unaffectionate she was being. I contemplated whether or not to lie down beside her but I ultimately decided not to push it. I laid back down on the empty bed, facing away from Quinn and towards the balcony. I clenched my chest, trying to control my swirling emotions.

We are reunited. We should be happy and unable to keep our hands off each other, right? I shut my eyes tightly and tried to go to bed but that was to no avail. I laid like that for who knows how long. I opened my eyes and glanced at the digital clock on the nightstand to find that it was a few minutes passed 4 a.m. I let out a shaky sigh. Moments later I heard someone shift on the other mattress followed by light footsteps.

"Are you still awake?" Quinn whispered gently into my ear.

I turned to face her. She was kneeling at my bedside with her face inches apart from mine. Quinn looked even more tired than before. The dim lighting pointed out how worn out she truly was.

"Are you okay?" I asked a rhetorical question.

"Can I lay beside you, please?" She begged weakly.

My heart ached dearly for her warmth, "Come here." I placed my hand on her cheek and led her to my side. She let out a relieved sigh when she settled in my arms.

"Why did you get two beds?" I asked.

"There's still a part of me that believes that you don't want me." She confessed.

"I've always wanted you." I kissed her forehead. "I'll always want you."

"You almost married Alexis..." Her voice was barely audible.

"I did it to keep you safe..." I confessed quietly.

"What?" She stared into my eyes.

"Nothing. Why can't you sleep?" I changed the subject, not wanting to explain at the moment.

"It feels surreal." She admitted. "I'm afraid that you won't be here when I wake up."

"You don't have to worry about that anymore, okay?" I assured her. "I'm not going anywhere."

"Promise?" She searched my eyes.

"Promise." I spoke honestly.

With that she pressed her lips against mine and pulled me into her body. And in that moment, all our memories came crashing into me again, I realized how homesick I was. Everything else, all our worries, all our hopes and our dreams, all of it just fell away. It was just us.

"I love you." She spoke between kisses.

"It's good to be back." I smiled into the kiss.

"Back where?" She questioned and pulled back to look at me.

"Home."

*** A/N: Hey guys! Quinn and Vanesa are finally renunited!! The story is not over yet though! I repeat! THE STORY IS NOT OVER YET!!! I still have a couple tricks up my sleeve. :) What do you think Vanesa is hiding?