Ch. 13: Let Me Fight For You

Quinn's POV:

I let a month and a half pass since the last time I saw Nessa. I locked myself in my room, refusing to do any work and only leaving my room to eat and drink.

"I really haven't changed at all..." I sobbed against my pillow. "I'm still hopelessly in love with you, even after all this time."

I heard my door open but didn't bother to look who it was.

"Quinn you need to stop this, you're acting like a child." Becca sat on the edge of my bed and patted my back. "You went back to school to get all your degrees in record time then spent a year learning and building the business, and for what? To be lying face down on your bed crying about a relationship that didn't work out. No one ever died of a broken heart."

"That's the thing Becca! She almost did!" I sat up to face her. "I did all of that for her, for us. And now she doesn't even want me anymore. I had my heart so set on the end goal that I didn't think about how my actions were affecting her." More tears fell from my eyes.

"Quinn..." She looked at me with a different look in her eyes, understanding. "You really love her that much? I've never seen you break down like this." I just nodded in response. "Quinn...you better fight for her then." She said seriously.

"I already tried that Becca! She doesn't want me anymore." I cried.

"...When you asked me to drive you to her for your anniversary, I could see the way you two looked at each other. Something as pure as that, it's not something that will just fade away with time. I have no doubts that she still loves you. You don't love anyone as much as you love her not even us, your family. So get off your ass and you fucking fight for her, you hear me?!"

I was speechless and looked at her in shock. But soon I felt a new fire of determination burn in my heart.

"You're right."

****

I grabbed the keys to my white Audi r8 and rushed through the mansion to get to the garage.

"Quinn." I heard a deep voice call as I passed the living room.

I froze and turned to face my father who was sitting in a leather lounge chair while reading the newspaper.

"What are you doing here?" I said coldly.

"That is hardly a way to speak to your father." He looked up from the newspaper. "I stopped by your estate to see my child, is that so wrong?"

"Father, you are not one to just 'drop by' or to just casually visit your children." I stated.

"Then I will get straight to business." He closed the newspaper. "Have my businesses been prospering?"

"Yes they have." I answered simply.

"Even with your brother in charge of my hitman business?" I stared at him because I hadn't told anyone that I put Lucas in charge. "You didn't think I knew? How naïve of you."

I composed myself, "I have no interest in that kind of business. Lucas has more experience and knowledge on the matter, it was a logical decision."

"I see." He said. "I should inform you that business in the music industry is beginning to decline. Fix it."

"Understood." I nodded and he got up and left.

I quickly pulled out my phone and called Benny.

"Hey Quinn, what's up?" He answered.

"Hey Benny, I was just wondering if you were having a party tonight." I asked.

"Oh yeah I am. You wanna come? Sorry for not inviting you ahead of time, I just thought you would be busy with your businesses." I said