Ch. 14: Nothing Is The Same

Quinn's POV:

"It's okay. It's okay. There's nothing to worry about. It's just Nessa." I said frantically to myself as I got dressed. "You can do this."

I dressed myself in faded blue skinny jeans, a fitted black crop top, and a warn green flannel.

"Wow I haven't seen you dress like that in a while." Becca smiled, leaning on my doorway. "What's the occasion?"

"I, uh, I'm going to go see her today." I said nervously as I fidgeted with my clothing.

"Awwww my lil sister is being all lovey dovey." She came over and hugged me playfully.

"I just want to make things right Becca." I said seriously. "I want her to know that I didn't just leave her for that long on purpose. I need her to know that I did this for us and that my feelings haven't changed at all. If anything I love her more, if that's even possible."

Becca pulled away from the hug and a small smile tugged at her lips, "Go get her champ."

****

Knock Knock

Here I was, standing before a door to a familiar apartment with a bouquet of flowers in hand. I still had my key but I figured it wasn't the time to use it yet. My heart began to pound when I saw the nob of the door begin to turn and soon enough a heavenly figure stood before me.

"Quinn? What are you doing here?" She asked with shock filling her face.

"I-I wanted to see you." I said but her expression didn't change. "These are for you" I handed her the flowers.

"Thanks, they're lovely." She smiled.

"A-And I also need to talk to you about tomorrow." I tried to make things less awkward. "May I come in?"

"Yes, yes. Sorry, I just wasn't expecting a visitor." She said and opened the door wider for me to enter.

We walked in silence and sat on the couch. She really has become more beautiful. I must have been drooling because I couldn't bear to take my eyes off her. I slowly inched my hand towards hers but she suddenly stood up.

"Would you like something to drink?" She asked and walked into the kitchen.

"Just water, thank you." I smiled.

I watched as she made her way through the kitchen to prepare our beverages; just the sight of her made me lose myself. Memories of our life together in this apartment came flooding into my mind. Before I came back to my senses, I had already stood up, walked into the kitchen, and wrapped my arms around her waist with her back to my front.

"Quinn? Are you okay?" she asked.

I couldn't unwrap my arms even if I wanted to, "S-Sorry, I don't know what came over me." My love for her is what came over me.

She turned in my arms and our faces were only inches apart.

"Nessa I...." I began, "...I miss you so much." I confessed.

She didn't say anything in return but she turned in my arms and brought her hands up to cup my face. She stroked over my cheeks with her thumbs. Her eyes were down as though she was contemplating what to do next. I tightened my embrace in an attempt to bring her attention back to me. She moved and let her lips brush against mine, making my breathing hitch at the rush of her skin against mine again.

I began to lean in when a knock echoed through the halls of the apartment. Nessa quickly untangled herself from me and I felt my heart ache. She opened the door and greeted someone as I tried to calm my rapid heartbeat and uneven breathing. Nessa walked back into view with Alexis at her side.

"Oh, I didn't realize you had a guest." Alexis smiled. "Nice seeing you again Ms. Owens."

"The pleasure is mine." I smiled back. "I came to discuss the requirements for tomorrow with Vanessa."

"I see." Alexis answered. "Don't let me intrude, please carry on."

"Yes Vanessa, as I was saying, you will need a song prepared for to tomorrow and choreography if possible." I informed them. "But knowing Vanessa's style and talent, she should be able to win the hearts of the sponsors easily even without choreography."

"We already have her performance set and ready for tomorrow." Alexis beamed.

"That's great." I smiled and glanced at Nessa who was gazing out the window. "Well, I guess I'm done here. I will see you both tomorrow."

"Goodbye." They both said in unison.

****

"Where's Nessa??" I asked Alexis.

"I don't know she was here a second ago." Alexis informed me as she searched for her client.

"Shit." I said and started running to look for her.

I knew she liked scenery so I went straight for the roof. And there she was, leaning gracefully on the ledge and gazing out onto the city.

"Nessa? What are you doing up here?" I said walking over to her.

"I just need to clear my head." She said, still keeping her gaze fixed on the landscape. "Figured fresh air would help."

"Are you nervous?" I leaned on the ledge beside her.

"A little bit."

"Don't be." I smiled and placed my hand over hers. "Just sing from your heart like you usually do and they'll love you as much as I do."

"Shit, why did I say that?" I mentally kicked myself.

Her head was turned to me and her eyes were full of shock from my words but not only shock, there was a tint of yearning. The fire of hope within me burned brighter seeing that look in her eyes. There was still hope for us.

"We should get going." I said and she nodded in agreement.

****

Nessa finished her performance along with the other recruits I gathered but Nessa was by far the favorite of the group. By the end of the performance the hearts of sponsors I invited were swooning.

"Thank you so much for coming." I thanked the last of them as they left. "Good work everyone! I'll contact each of you to in a few days with the results."

Once I said my goodbyes I went in search of Nessa to congratulate her. I remember seeing her and Alexis leave the room together. I wandered through the halls when I heard the sound of their voices coming from the bathroom.

"You were great Nessa!" I heard Alexis' muffled voice.

"Thanks." Nessa answered.

"We should celebrate tonight." I heard Alexis say before the conversation stopped.

I walked to the door and opened it slowly. I felt my heart crumble when I saw Nessa embraced and in a heated kiss with Alexis. I couldn't bear to watch any longer and quietly shut the door before retreating to my office.

I felt tears threaten to fall from my eyes. Things can't go back to the way they were can they?

***A/N: Poor Quinn. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Vote and comment! Oh, and there's a picture of Alexis at the top!