Epilogue

****A/N: The song used is posted above! Feel free to listen to it as you read!

Quinn's POV:

"Happy Birthday Mommy!" I awoke to my daughter, Olivia, jumping onto the bed in excitement followed by my wife carrying a tray filled with breakfast foods.

"Thank you, Liv." I trapped her in a loving hug.

I released my 7-year-old daughter and scooted over on the bed to make room for my wife and breakfast.

"Happy Birthday, sweetheart." Nessa kissed my forehead then my lips with a smile.

"Thanks, baby." I leaned in again to steal another kiss.

"Momma Quinn! I helped momma Nessa make you breakfast! She taught me how to flip the pancakes!" Our daughter beamed with excitement.

"Wow! I guess I better dig in!" I said happily then scooped up a piece of the pancakes into my mouth. "Mmmm this is amazing! I think that after all your hard work, you both deserve a good meal."

"Yay!!" Liv exclaimed and practically dove head first into the pancakes.

I smiled lovingly down at her as she continually mumbled "sooo good" after every bite. Then I turned to my wife after probing a piece of fruit with my fork and offered it to her.

"Say 'Ahh'" I swerved the fork and made plane noises teasingly.

With a chuckle, she gave in and opened her mouth saying, "Ahh."

She snuggled into me as we all continued to eat our breakfast and I can honestly say that I have never been more content in my life, sitting here in the loving embrace of the two people I love most.

****

"SURPRISE!!!!!" The crowd in my backyard cheered as Nessa led an, unsuspecting, me onto our back porch.

I gripped my wife's arm in surprise and held in a yelp of shock as confetti rained down on us. I looked out into the large mass of people and my heart grew when I saw who came. I saw every member of my old cheerleading team, Nessa's dear friend Kathleen, Benny and his family, my siblings, Alicia, the woman from the flower shop, and even some of the workers from my company who I got close with were all beaming happily at me.

"You threw me a surprised birthday party?" I turned to Nessa in awe.

"I know you've been missing everybody lately so I pulled a few strings and made a couple calls and it turns out everyone missed you just as much." Nessa said before leading me by the hand into our backyard to greet the familiar faces.

"QUINN!" My team yelled and tackled me in a huge hug, the type that made it hard to breath.

"I've missed you all so much." I smiled brightly and attempted to wrap all of them in my arms.

"You got married and you didn't invite us?! How could you?!" I heard one of them say.

"It was a bit of an impromptu wedding. And at least I invited you guys to the baby shower, although only Christina came." I played the guilt trip card right back jokingly and they all offered their reasons. "I'm just kidding girls, I know you had a big game that night and couldn't fly up here.

****

I walked around admiring the décor, which was obviously done by Alicia and the woman from the flower shop; the surrounding tall wooden fence had paper lanterns lights strung up along the top, picnic tables with beautiful flower assortments were placed around the dance floor which was in front of the porch. I reconnected with as many people as I could. After I finished catching up with Kathleen I continued to make my way through the backyard but paused when my eyes caught Nessa pushing Liv on the swings, their laughter only slightly being covered by the pop music that streamed through speakers placed at each corner of the backyard.