Chapter 6- The First Meeting

*Erik*

I woke up with my back hurting badly. I haven't received a beating as bad as the one that had happened last night. My back hurt and I had blood dripping down my arms and forehead. My mask was thrown away in the corner, exposing my distorted face. I slowly moved to the corner, snatching the sack with horns sewn onto it and small holes cut out for my eyes. I put it on, ashamed for what I was. I could still hear the drunk gypsies that had beaten me. Then the voices disappeared into the dark and the silence took over.

The wind must have blown into the curtain,because a small gap appeared in it and a ray of moonlight shined onto the wooden floor. I was curious to see what was behind the curtain when everything went silent. "No, you can't." I whispered to myself. "You're a monster, a demon, the devil's child, you belong to the dark and you will stay there!"

But my curiosity took over and I stumbled to the small source of light and unwinded the curtain so my face could fit in between the embroidered edges. What I saw was a black sky with shining stars scattered across it. In the middle of the sky was a shining moon crescent, it's cold yet comforting light was shining into my golden eyes; blinding me slightly. I suddenly heard soft footsteps in the dark. It could have been a little girl about 6 or 8 years old. Scared of this mysterious girl in the dark, I made my peeking gap in the curtain smaller, but I still could see what's happening.

The short figure entered the ray of moonlight and I could look at her more clearly. She had curly brown hair, glowing chocolate eyes, was much shorter, and a few years younger than me. She sat at my doorstep and started singing a beautiful song. The song's melody was beautiful and the little girl's voice was sweet and soaring through the silent night. I don't know what I was thinking, but I started singing alongside her.
......
*Christine*
I sneaked out of our caravan to take a walk around the silent night fair. I was walking around the black caravan, which I was not allowed to look. It was supposed to have the Devil's child inside of it, but whenever I walked around it I couldn't hear anything from it. I figured that it was just the gypsies playing a prank on me, so that they could scare me.

That night, I sat on the doorstep of the caravan and started singing my favorite song about the Angel of Music. Suddenly, I heard a boy's voice singing with me. I stopped singing to listen to this mysterious boy's voice. It was deep, comforting, and  was embracing me in the cold night. I started to leave the doorstep of the caravan. The boy stopped singing and whispered, "Please don't go. Don't leave me alone"

I didn't know what to think of this, so I asked the boy a simple question, "I won't leave. Just tell me, who are you?" The boy went silent for a while.

An answer was whispered into the darkness: "I'm Erik."