Chapter 14- Finally

*Christine*

He finally came to me! The Angel of Music that father had promised me years ago. I thought I was dreaming when I heard the Angel's voice, but he was real. He was talking to me, he was answering all of my questions with such sincerity in his deep, rich voice that filled my whole body with comfort and a feeling like I was home once again.

That was the same feeling that filled me each night that I spent with Erik, the boy who I met each night in the gypsy camp, where he was imprisoned. I don't know what happened to him, but I imagine that he had suffered the same pain as I did these past ten years.

I was working as a dancer at the gypsy camp and I liked it there, but I suffered each night of being locked away and crying my heart out. When the other girls noticed me crying each night, they thought that I was insane and I was locked in a separate caravan. My feelings died each night, one by one. The only distraction from the sadness I felt was dancing, but that only lasted for a few moments. When the night came, I would cry for Erik, because I wanted to be with him and feel his embrace. Even if it was just his magical voice embracing my weak form, it would still be my savior.

After the years I danced with the gypsy girls on the fair, they sold me and some other girls to the Parisian Opera Populaire. A lady, who was working as the ballet instructor, lead us to the dormatories and I curled up in a warm bed, which I missed for over nine years.

I became friends with the instructor's daughter, Meg. She was about my age and was a lot prettier than me. She had blonde hair and beautiful green eyes. We became friends fast, and we would tell each other ghost stories.

This was one of the two topics that Meg loved. She simply loved to hear about ghosts, specters, fairies, or anything out of this world. The other topic she loved to talk about was gossip inside and outside the opera house. She was basically the eyes and ears of this place, and when something happened she would be the first to know it.

Much like her mother, Meg was a very talkative girl and sometimes wouldn't stop talking even after midnight. She also talked during rehersals sometimes, so Madame Giry had to bring her a baguette, so that she would eat instead of interrupting her own talking. Perhaps that's why she was a little chubbier than me and the other ballet girls.

I danced only because I had nowhere to go. But that one night, he appeared to me with his perfect voice and promised me singing lessons each night. I was bubbling with happiness. I smiled throughout the next day.

Meg on the other hand had a whole new subject to talk about. "And so the opera ghost came here to haunt this opera house, and to strike fear into our hearts!" She finished with her story, which she must have came up with a few hours ago. When something interesting happened in the opera house, she would always find a way to retell it into a haunting story full of ghosts and unearthly beings.

Honestly, I didn't listen to her. I was standing by the colorful window in the dormatory and I watched the street lamps being lit up one by one. All that was on my mind was my angel.