Chapter 2- Little Lottie and Her Angel

*Christine*

"Once upon a time in a dark, gloomy country there lived a small girl called Little Lottie. She had long golden hair which fell onto her shoulders in golden waterfalls of curls. Her icy blue eyes looked like two beautiful frozen lakes. She was tiny and fragile. Her voice was like clinging bells and a bird's song. But in such a gloomy place, every beautiful thing slowly fades away. And so did Little Lottie. Each day she grew weaker and weaker. She started to pray to the heavens to send her an angel to save her. She was weak and fragile, like the last leaf on a tree, when a beautiful voice spoken to her. The voice said that it was the Angel of Music. The Angel took her under his wings, and taught her to sing. With every lesson, Lottie became stronger and stronger and when her lessons with the Angel were over..." That's when papa stopped every time.

"And...?" I ask as always, although I knew what he would say.

"And...the ending is as old as time and the stars, so no one knows how it ended with Lottie and her Angel..." Papa said. I was happy that I could listen to my favorite story once again.

When I turned to look at Raoul, I saw that he liked the story, but there was some disappointment in his eyes. "But why didn't the Angel and Lottie walk into the sunset and be happy forever? That's how every fairytale ends." Raoul said.

"Well, there are not always happy endings, Raoul." Papa said and gave us our blankets. "I suppose that it would be rather difficult for you to get to your hotel. You can stay at our apartment." He said to Raoul's governess, Miss Toureè.

"That is so kind of you!" She said and curled herself up with a blanket on the rocking chair.

I took a place on the bed with Raoul and Papa took the couch. Papa gave me a kiss on my forehead and I asked him one last question before we went to sleep. "Daddy, is it possible to meet the Angel of Music?"

"The angel only visits the most talented musicians, composers, and singers. I am sure the Angel will visit you, sweetheart."

"And how does the angel look like?" I asked an another question wanting to know more about the mysterious angel.

"No one knows that." Papa said gently and tucked me back in.

"And did the angel visit you?" I asked another question.

" No, he didn't. But when I go to heaven my dear Christine, I will ask them to send him to you. Now go to bed and have sweet dreams." He said and gave me a kiss, then blew out the flickering candle. The darkness took over and I could dive into my fantasy dreams about my beautiful Angel of Music...