Chapter 17- Angels Are Real

*Erik*

I watched from above as Meg dragged Christine to center stage. "But I'm not ready Meg!" Protested Christine as she was dragged in front of the new managers. I noticed fear in her chocolate eyes and her trembling knees.

The managers said to her that they want to see how good she can sing, and the piano started playing the first notes of the song.

"Everything is alright, Christine. Just sing, for me." I whispered, throwing my voice next to her.

"Think of me, think of me fondly..." she started singing quietly, her voice still trembling.

"This is doing nothing for my nerves." One of the managers muttered. I saw Christine wanting to run away in fear, but this was her big chance, she couldn't just run away at a moment like this.

"Sing for me, my Christine. It's just you and I. No one else." I whispered, giving her confidence. Her voice started soaring through the theater.

She finished the song and the whole opera house was amazed at my angel. They quickly rushed her to the Prima Donna's dressing room. I got to the dressing room first, entering through my two-way mirror to put on the table my gift for Christine.

I quickly hid back on the other side of my mirror and waited to assure myself that she arrived safely into her new dressing room, then I rushed to the storage room to find an item that I noticed the last time I was there and I didn't take. I dug through the storage until I found it. I traveled down to my lair and I went to my workroom, which was hidden behind a curtain.

After about an hour of work, I was finished. I looked at the outcome of my work with pride. What I was holding in my hands was a white porcelain mask, which covered half of my face and also my lack of a nose. I put it on and looked at myself in the mirror. I grinned at my reflection and went to my piano to organize my music sheets.

*Christine*

The seamstresses took my measurements and left the dressing room to refit my dress for the performance. I still couldn't believe it! I became the Prima Donna with the help of my lovely Angel. I was so excited that I couldn't contain myself, and I started dancing across the room.

I then sat on a pretty pink sofa admiring the beautiful room. The walls of the room were pink, and the room had a lot of crystal vases surrounding the wall. On one wall was a gorgeous mirror with a golden frame. In front of me was a white table with a mirror lined with intricate golden decorations of vines, leaves and roses. On the table laid a red rose with a black, silky ribbon tied around it's stem and a small box with a note on it to open it after I get my dress.

I smiled at my Angel's caring. He reminded me of Erik. He was gentle and caring, just what I always wished for. The seamstress came in and brought me my dress. It was a simple white dress with delicate golden embroidery on the edge of the corset. It had a puffy skirt with little firework-like clusters of golden jewels. I laid the magnificent gown on the chair and I lifted the top of the box. Inside was a set of beautiful diamond star hair clips and earrings to go with them.

Inside was another note. It said: "Don't forget that I am always by your side -Your Angel." I smiled and sniffed the sweet scent of the red rose from my Angel.

I put all of the beautiful things on and looked at myself in the mirror, I felt like I was a princess. They soon called me for my entry in the performance and I sang away. I didn't even pay attention to the audience.

Tonight, I gave my entire soul to my Angel. For he gave me his for all those years. I was in a trance-like state, where I didn't notice anything else but the music and the Angel's presence filling the air. My trance suddenly disappeared and the performance was finished. The audience applauded me and showered me with flowers.