Chapter 20- The Music of the Night

(Erik's POV)
I opened the mirror leading to Christine's dressing room, allowing my angel to come into my secret tunnel. I reached out my hand for her and she placed her small delicate one into in once again. I led her through the underground hallway, walls of which were lined with golden candle holders. She looked amazed at the sight of my underground world and she tried to find my face under the black hood, which I had over my head. I led her deeper and deeper into the heart of the world of darkness and music; into my home. 

I knew Christine would get tired from our long journey through the catacombs, so I prepared my black stallion on halfway there. She let me help her to the saddle and we went even deeper down. I was leading the horse by the reins and Christine's eyes were wondering around the long hallway, her little mouth always a bit agape. We finally came to the lake and I helped Christine get off the saddle and I tied the horse's reins to a hook, which I attached to the stone brick wall. I then came to my angel and led her into the boat, which I switched from the old one, that I found here when I first came, for a black gondola with golden leaves trimming it's edges and I filled it with pillows, so that my angel wouldn't feel any discomfort. Even though the pillows might have been a total overdose of softness for me, I knew she would surely like them. I got into the boat right after her and I started pushing the boat towards with my oar, quietly singing to her. Her chocolate eyes were literally sparkling with excitement and her lips were parted in awe when the candles started to rise from the water. 

"Amazing!" she quietly whispered before looking at me and once again trying to find my mysterious face. We arrived at my flat and I tied the boat to a small pole at the bank. I helped my angel out of the boat, helping her to get from the soft embrace of the many pillows. 

"Would you play something for me on the piano, Angel?" she asked innocently. "My father said that you were an amazing pianist and an astounding musician overall. Would you play something for me?" she asked sweetly and I saw her cheeks grow a light shade of pink. 

"Of course, Christine, anything for you." I said and led her up the small steps, to where my piano was and I offered her a seat on the nearby sofa. She thankfully blushed once again and I sat down at the piano and started playing. I didn't bother to take a folder with a music sheet, but instead played a soft melody that came to my mind at that moment. "I will have to write that down a bit later." I made a mental note to myself. 

I turned over to Christine, noticing that she had her eyes closed and a sweet smile was playing on her lips. I gently came to her and took her tiny body, as light as a feather, into my arms. I carried her to a golden bed in the shape of a swan, which I have filled with more pillows and red velvet blanket. I slowly and gently laid her into the embrace of the swan's wings, pulled the blanket over her and I softly caressed her perfect cheek. I winded a black curtain over the entrance to the small room where my angel slept and I looked at her one last time before diving into my world of music once again, for it was once again calling my name.