Chapter 31- Ghost Bride

(Christine's POV)

I woke up entwined with the red velvet sheets from Erik's bed. I slowly opened my eyes and sat up, supporting my still somewhat clumsy upper body with my arms. My robe was all twisted around my legs and my nightgown underneath it must have been a lot messier that my robe. I catched the a bit silly drool with my tounge and threw myself back into the pillows.

A sweet melody gave me the will to finally get up and stop being around my bed.
I listened to it and I felt drawn towards the heavenly music.

"Good morning, my dear." Erik happily said, a big smile spread on his face.

"What time is it?" I asked through a yawn. I was quite unsure of time the first few minutes I woke up each time. At those times, Erik also functioned as my clock.

"A little something after nine."
He announced, with a sense of pride that he could be helpful.

"I'll make breakfast then. And you, mister Opera Ghost, shall not stand up from your current seat until I am finished." I said with a grin and poked my finger into his chest.
"Or I will take out that Punjab lasso of yours, that you stole from the kind Persian man named Nadir and I will tie you to the piano bench."

"All right, my lovely Christine. I shall not move."
He answered, his voice completely calm.

I ran into the small kitchen and quickly prepared pancakes and some toppings for them, like jam, whipped cream, fruit and a chocolate drizzle.

I returned to the main room, I which Erik had prepared a table and put some table cloths on it.
I brought in the food and we both got into eating.

The chocolate suddenly left a little smudge on the nose of Erik's mask. He trued to rub it off, but he couldn't get the little spot of sugar, milk and cocoa from his mask.

I came to him and took his mask off. I didn't know why be still wore the mask when we were alone, but it was one bad habit he had to get rid of.

"Why bother with the spot now, when we can wash it off later?" I said and put the porcelain mask out of his reach.
"And now, I won't be able to get anything onto your nose." I giggled as I hugged him and he gave me a kiss.

I went to a rehearsal and I met Meg on my way. She seemed greatly overjoyed and she squealed as soon as she saw me.

"Christine! Look at what Raoul gave me!" She screamed and shoved her right hand under my nose.

On her ring finger shined a diamond ring. I was so happy for her at the moment.

"Oh my gosh!" Meg squeed as the lifted up my left hand. "Now, tell me Christine.." She said in quite an amused tone. "Who do you have this from?

"My fiance, who else?" I awswered Meg's question.
"Then why didn't you bring him here to show us the lucky fellow?" Meg smiled and poked my stomach with her elbow.
"You see, Raoul comes here every once in a while to check on me, but why isn't your fiance here?"

"It only looks like he isn't here, but he actually sees every my move, hears every my word." I gave Meg the smartest answer in the world.

"Well, that sounds as if your fiance was the opera ghost himself!" Meg said with the permanent grin on her face.

I turned to go grab a glass of water, but Meg yanked me by the wrist and pulled me through the stage screaming.
"Christine has a fiance! And not just anybody, but the opera ghost himself!"

In that moment, I really wanted to slap her.
"Hey, ghost bride!" One of my friends from the ballet screamed at me. " You forgot your shoes!"

I snached the pointed shoes from her and covered Megs mouth with my hand, draging her to Madame Giry, so she would stuff a baguette into her mouth.