Chapter 25: Unwrapped

12:00 am

Christmas.

Now the childish think to do would be to run down the stairs and see what was under the tree, or option two was to sleep and wake up in the morning like the mature young woman I was should do.

Key word, should.

I ran down the stairs, to be completely honest I didn't even try to be silent, my mother was used to this and Noah would have to deal with it if he wanted to spend another Christmas with me. And I could bet Xaviar was probably as wide awake as me.

You could say what I expected to see were a stack of pretty wrapped presents under the tree, but what I saw was very much unwrapped from head to waist.

"Noah" I called

"Merry Christmas princess"

"Merry Christmas love, but what are you doing down here?"

"Your present"

"Present?"

He nodded, gently taking my hand in his and pulling us to the sofa.

"I got you something Belle"

I giggled, of course he did, it's Christmas. If I didn't get a gift from him, he was certainly not going to be my boyfriend for much longer. Kidding.

"So what did you get me?"

He gently took my hand and placed a small box in my palm.

"Open it" his whisper danced across my cheek, so warm.

I lifted the lid and inside was a key but there were words inscribed on the clean silver, in the smallest, most beautiful font I had ever seen.

"My match" a lump formed in my throat as I turned to look at Noah.

"It's my house key, I just, I wanted you to know you're always welcome. I know it's not much. The inscription didn't even cost much but God Belle, you're perfect. What could I give you? I love you but hell if I don't know I don't deserve you"

I opened my mouth to speak when he put a finger to my lips.

"Shh Belle" he murmured, pulling at my bottom lip gently with his thumb, "I know you'll call bullshit on whatever I say but I really don't deserve you. I love you though, I love you a lot."

I moved into his lap and wrapped my arms tightly around him. My face nestled into his neck.

"I love you too, so fucking much"

"Don't fucking swear Belle"

"Mmh, I won't do it again, I just wanted to see what it felt like to curse and proclaim love at the same time."

He laughed, "What did it feel like?" his whisper danced in my hair.

"Honestly, really hot but so uncomfortable"

He laughed again, "I love you"

I look up to him, "swear and say it"

"I fucking love you"

"I love you too" I attack his lips, he falls back in the sofa, holding me tight, kissing me back. I breath through the kisses, "You. Gave. Me. Your. House. Keys." And with so much disdain I pull back and hold his face in my hands. "You've given me the most precious gift you possibly could, my match"

"Your match" he whispered back

We had not realised, that in each other's arms, among the silence, we had fallen asleep.

It was spontaneous. Calm and beautiful, nothing like our love. Our love wasn't beautiful, it was extraordinary. Not a mirage, it was real, so real it seemed like a fantasy.

Noah was not the better half of me, Noah was half of everything, the good, the bad, the painful, the truth. He was half of everything. It's why we fit, I didn't need a better half, I just needed the perfect match, someone who would compliment me, not overshadow.

Never overshadow.

-------------------------------
So interested in seeing the comments.

I think my writing has improved a lot and I apologise for such a late update and that its so short, but I can only say sorry. I am really sorry.

So sorry.

Lots and lots and lots of Love, Iris xxx