Chapter 1: "I want the D not the V"

"Mom"

"Yes love?"

"Why'd dad ditch you?"

She sighs, probably annoyed, but I can't help it. I'm curious. I want to know why I've never met my dad. I want to know why the douche left my mom young and alone with a baby. I mean, it takes two to tango.

"Bell, becoming a father at sixteen isn't everyone's piece of cake", blunt as ever my gorgeous mother. I took the hint and didn't bother her anymore, knowing very well there was no use.

Leaning of the breakfast bar I stretched my arms high in the air and sighed thinking about the schools match quiz.

Now you may think I'm the typical "love at first sight" believer, but there is no way I'll find Mr. Right in high school. Love takes trust and trust takes time, therefore no love at first sight, maybe attraction but definitely not love. A completely logical explanation by yours truly, Bell.

"What's got your brows knitted, love?"

"Nothing mum, just thinking about the school's God awful new Match Quiz. I mean how can a quiz partner you up with the one for you?" the idea was totally irrational, what if I ended up with Jimmy Martin, the snotty, short, know-it-all, the dude was a creeper and due to the rules, I had no way out apart from dating him till the valentine's ball.

"I don't know sweetheart, this could be good for you. I mean you've never been remotely in context with the opposite sex unless it was Larry"

Larry was our neighbour, a wise old man in his late seventies. I'd always go round to him to find the elderly affection; seeing my grandparents'd disowned my mother when she'd got pregnant and I've never known about my father's side of the family, Larry took up the spot as grand dad. Larry taught me how to play piano and loves baking with me, we bake every weekend together, I love him like my own family.

"Think about it Bell. You've never even had a boyfriend, Christ I don't even think you've had a crush, that just isn't normal for a beautiful girl your age" my mother sighed, staring expectantly into my eyes.

It wasn't like I didn't like boys, I can definitely tell you if Zac Efron went to my high school I wouldn't waste a second banging him, but he didn't. I'm 100% sure my mum believes I bat for my own team, not that there's anything wrong with being gay, I just personally prefer a man, someone mature unlike the scrawny teens in this town.

"Mom, I'm as straight as the Eiffel Tower, I-"

"- the Eiffel Tower's got a few bends love" she cut me of, raising an eyebrow.

I frowned and decided to ignore her; thinking of a new approach I pronounced,

"Mom, I want the D, not the V"

"Don't be so graphic Bell, all you had to say was you like boys and I won't judge if you like girls, I've always wanted another daughter. I guess a daughter-in-law is the best I'll get at this age" she sighed.

I stared at my mum, completely gobsmacked. I've been trying to tell her I'm straight all this time and she's been playing with me?

Oh mother dearest, you are so sly.

"Close your mouth love, you wouldn't want to catch flies"

Shaking my head I snapped myself back to reality,

"Mother, you will never have a daughter-in-law, I am straight. Now please may we discuss something besides my sexual preference" I sighed as my mother grinned and nodded.

---------------------
Please read : Comment and vote if you liked the book and the next chapter will hopefully be out on the 8th of February.
Thank you
Xxxx