One Shot #21

Emma would rather not start the day by waking up to choking coughs and sniffling noses, but she didn't really have a say in when Killian got sick, now did she? After dragging herself out of bed and taking his temperature, (and much of his protests of it being nothing) Emma declared him sick.

"But, love we had-" (interrupt for racking coughs) "-date plans tonight." Killian protested as Emma forced him to lay down on the couch.

"I don't want to kiss you if you're sick." She pointed out, going to the kitchen to pour him a cup of tea for his throat.

"Well, then you'd better head to the station. I can take care of myself." He argued, standing up, but Emma forced him back down, covering him with a blanket and handing him his tea.

"No, and that's final. Besides, now we can be alone all day, just you and me." she pointed out, shutting him up. A day alone with her did sound appeasing. So Killian reluctantly agreed and, happy that she won their little argument, Emma sat down beside him, snuggling under the blanket with tea of her own. She picked up the remote and turned on the TV, guiding it to Netflix.

"Today, we are going to learn about my world." she said as the menu of shows and movies appeared. "And a little about yours." Killian raised an eyebrow at her, but sat in silence, watching the strange magic box. The first movie Emma selected was none other than the Wizard of Oz.

"This movie is iconic in my world. Everyone's seen it, it's super famous, and see if you can spot a certain green friend of ours." she added teasingly, sipping her tea.

"Zelena?" Killian asked, but Emma shushed him as the opening credits came on the screen. Killian watched in stunned silence as the movie played, pondering how this strange contraption worked. Surprisingly to Emma, Killian got really sucked into the storyline. He gasped at surprising parts and she once caught him muttering unkind words about the Wicked Witch under his breath. It was hilarious to watch.

"Wait, so she just bloody melted the thing?" Killian asked when it was over. "If only that would work on our own Wicked Witch." Emma chuckled in agreement.

"Yeah, that would be easier." she smiled at him.

"What movie is next, love?" he asked with a smile, making Emma's heart flutter. Even after all this time, he could still give her butterflies.

"I was thinking we watch something a little more entertaining than the 'Wizard of Oz.' " she said, clicking on 'White House Down', on of her favorite action movies. (Even if it was only because it had Channing Tatum, but she would never tell Killian that.) "This one will teach you a little about America and this world." she said, hitting play as he pulled her even closer. Halfway through the movie, Emma was really trying to focus but Killian was making it very hard, kissing up and down her neck and jaw.

"I would give you a proper kiss, but, being the gentleman I am, don't want to get you sick." he whispered in her ear, making her smile.

"Maybe I'm willing to risk that." She said, turning to face him with a smirk. Killian gave a small smile before she leaned forward and planted a kiss on his lips, relishing the perfect way their lips moved together. Killian deepened the kiss and Emma leaned into him, wrapping her legs around hid torso, the movie totally abandoned. They kissed like this for awhile, before they were both out of breath, so they pulled away, resting their foreheads together. Bliss and happiness was swelling inside both of them.

"I'm definatly going to get sick." she whispered, panting softly and making Killian chuckle. She cuddled back up to him, trying to focus on the movie again, but her mind was still fuzzy from the kiss. Every time she attempted to concentrate, her mind would wander back to the kiss. She pictured his perfect lips and how well theirs fit together, like they were made for each other. Mary Maragaret once told Emma that you could tell you were in love when you got never got tired of kissing them. Right there, watching her pirate watch his first action movie, she finally admitted to herself that she was wholeheartedly and fully in love with Killian Jones.