Chapter 16

Kelsey's POV

I was so relieved that he was happy to see me. This all could have gone terribly wrong if he didn't want anything to do with me anymore. I watched the show from where the sound engineers were working. Lou stayed with me.

"He's completely different now that he's seen you." She was smiling and watching his every move.

He really was different. I had watched the first half of the show when he didn't know I was there and he was singing all his parts and walking around the stage but I didn't see him smile once. He wasn't dancing like a goofball, he wasn't messing around with the boys. He was just going through the motions. Now he was running around the stage, smiling from ear to ear and he looked like he was having the time of his life. All the boys were in much better moods it seemed. It was almost like Niall's mood affected them all and since Niall was in a much better mood the entire group was in a better mood. He kept looking back towards where I was but I knew with the lights he couldn't see me.

"Lou how many songs do they have left?"

"They just have What Makes You Beautiful and then they end with Little Things."

"Think we could go up front for the last two songs?"

"Of course! Let me just grab a security guard to bring us up there." She left the tent to get one of the guards that was in the center aisle. I got my crutches and hobbled over to her. She and the guard put their arms around me protectively, it felt nice to feel safe and happy again. We slowly made our way up to,the front and when we got to the barricade right in front of the stage one of the people from management moved it so we could get through. We were literally a foot from the stage. They had just finished What Makes You Beautiful and Harry noticed us first. He ran over to Niall and pointed us out. He ran towards us. He laid down on his stomach on the stage and leaned over the edge.

"Come here, I want to kiss you!" He looked so adorable. I stumbled over to him and got on my one foot and stretched up as far as I could. Our lips met and I heard screams and "awwwws" erupt from the crowd. It felt amazing to be kissing him in front of all these fans and not be get booed. They seemed to be supportive and that made me feel even better about my decision to come here.

Niall hopped back up on stage and spoke to the crowd.

"Verona, you have been bloody amazing tonight. This has been a show that I will never forget. I want to thank you all for your support over the years, the only reason we can do what we love year after year is because of all of you. You have been there for all of us through all our ups and downs and we could never thank you enough. The past two years have been hard for me, most of you probably don't know that but they have been. I lost the love of my life two years ago and I have been missing her ever since. But I am happy to say we have found our way back to each other and that's the girl you all saw here tonight. She is the most incredible person I have ever met and I hope you support her just as much as you've supported me and the boys over the years. Verona, I love you! We have one more song to sing for you and I'm dedicating it to you Kelsey. This is Little Things."

I looked around the arena and everyone was on their feet cheering. I had always expected that when or if Niall and I ever went public girls would hate me. I thought they would be vicious and try to drive a wedge between Niall and I but it seemed like people loved the idea of Niall and I. I knew everyone wouldn't and I knew that some people would still send me hate but I also knew that all that mattered to me anymore was Niall and our figure together. We had been through so much together and apart and because of that I think we can get through anything.