Chapter 23

Kelsey's POV

My drive home from the airport was the first time I had driven a car since the accident. I flinched every time a car passed me and it didn't help that I was crying hysterically the entire ride home. I made it though.

When I walked into my bedroom I noticed a stack of envelopes on my bed. I sat down and picked them up. The top one said "Open Right Away" so I took it out of the pile of envelopes and saw the one beneath it just had a number one on it. I opened up the letter.

Dear Kelsey,

I know that the next 22 days are going to really hard for you so I thought I'd do something to help ease the pain. I've written you a letter for each day that we are apart. They are each numbered and its important to only open one each day. It tears me apart that I won't be able to be with you each day to tell you how much I love you and how important you are to me so that's what these letters are for. I want you to remember that you are the most important person in my life and I will do everything in my power to make sure this relationship works, just please hang in there while we are apart. This is new for both of us so I'm sure there will be days where we both feel like its too hard but just remember how amazing it feels to be with each other. I love you more than life itself Kelsey, don't ever forget that.

Love,

Niall

I was in shock. I knew that Niall was romantic but this was above and beyond anything that I could have ever expected from him. I picked up my phone and dialed his number. I hope he wasn't on the plane yet.

"Kels, what's wrong??" He sounded so worried.

"I love you so much. I know that I told you two years go I couldn't be with you if we were apart but I was totally wrong. I never want to lose what we have and I promise you I will never give up on us."

"I take it you read the first letter. I'm so happy to hear that, it has been worrying me. I love you Kelsey and I know we're going to make it through anything. I have to board the plane but I'll call you as soon as I'm off the plane. I love you."

"I love you too Niall." I hung up and just laid down on my bed, fighting the urge to open every single letter. I knew though that there would be days that I would really need a letter to open to get me through the day, so I didn't open them.

---------- 22 Days Later --------

The time apart from Niall seemed to go by much faster than I thought it would. I went back to work after Niall left and I had plenty to catch up on since I had been out for so long. I missed my job but I missed Niall more. It was Friday and Niall was flying into Dublin that night. I went to work in the morning and luckily one of my teachers was sick so I had to cover for her. This kept me distracted which helped because I couldn't wait to see him!!!