Chapter 33

Kelsey's POV

"Welcome back. Well I told you all before the break that the announcements weren't finished and they aren't. As most of you know Niall hasn't been attending interviews or press engagements over the past couple of months due to "medical issues" and we are going to talk about that right now. Niall would you like to tell your fans what's been going on?" Piers asked.

"Sure. Well, like you said there were some medical issues that have kept me from doing press and what not over the past couple of months. It isn't what you think. I didn't have any medical issues to take care of, it was Kelsey. Four weeks ago we welcomed our first child."

Holy crap. This was it.

"A child? I had no idea Kelsey was even expecting."

"Well we wanted to keep that private as well. As many of our fans know Kelsey was in a very serious car accident almost a year ago now and she was seriously injured. We knew that if we announced her pregnancy she would be bombarded with paparazzi and press and it was just important to us to keep her as healthy and stress free as possible after all the trauma that she had been through during the accident. My main concern was her and my child." Niall put his arm around me during in the interview and pulled me close to him. I must have been nervous right after he said it but I didn't remember.

"Kelsey you were photographed leading up to the birth, how did you keep it a secret?" Piers asked.

"I really didn't gain and weight except in my belly and my belly didn't really pop until my 7th month of pregnancy so I was lucky that it was winter time. I just wore a lot of baggy sweaters and coats out and honestly after I started to show I didn't go out much. I was nervous about what the reaction would be so I didn't mind staying out of the spotlight. I have always gotten a lot of love from Niall's fans but this is huge and I just wasn't sure how they would react and I was worried that the stress was going to have an effect on my pregnancy and I didn't want that. Niall and I just wanted a healthy baby and luckily we got that."

Niall wasn't even watching the interview at this point, he was just paying attention to his laptop and looking at Twitter.

"So, tell us about the baby."

"His name is Oliver. He's perfect. He was both on January 3rd at 7:06pm. He was 7 pounds and 21 inches long. I'm not exactly sure where he got the length from, his mom and I are not tall by any means. He's got blue eyes and blonde hair and he's got his mom's nose and mouth." Niall was beaming on the tv.

"He's here with us today if you want to meet him." I said sweetly.

"I would love that. Do you want to go get him Kelsey?" I got up and walked off camera and came back a few seconds later with Oliver in my arms. He had on a the football jersey the boys had gotten him and little black sweatpants. He looked just like his father.

"This is Oliver James Horan." I said and put him in Piers' arms. Niall couldn't take his eyes off him. Either could I. I found myself tearing up watching the interview.

"He is so handsome." Piers said

"We didn't want to keep these secrets from the fans but I just need them to understand that I now have a family to worry about and they are the most important thing in my life and I needed to look out for them. I still adore my fans and I don't plan on leaving One Direction or slowing down, I wouldn't do that to the boys or the fans, I just have a family now and my life will be a little different, that's all." Piers handed Oliver to Niall.

"Niall really does love each and every one of his fans. He knows that with out them he wouldn't get to live out his dream every day and we never would have met and we wouldn't have this handsome little man. He's still going on tour next month and he'll still be just as much a part of the band as he is now, I swear. I've always been a One Direction fan too so I'd be heartbroken if something happened to them. The other boys are just as much a part of out family as Oliver is. He's lucky to have four amazing uncles that will help him grow up to be a great man just like his father is."

I was crying watching the interview, so was Niall and all of the others. We really were a family and I wouldn't have it any other way.

"I want to thank you both for taking the time to come in and share this incredible news with me and all your fans. I think that you are both fine individuals and you will make great parents." Piers said.

"Thank you Piers." Niall and I said in unison. That was the end of the show.