Bipolar

I walk up to my room, and Kailey is soundly sleeping. I slide silently into my bed.

I am honestly scared as hell, and it is worse when I sleep. I can clearly remember the first time the gift had...happened. I was 6 and I had always made things up and sometimes they came true. But on my sixth birthday I started...seeing things. They always scared me being as they were usually horrible, or they made no sense. I sigh and shut my eyes, squeezing them together. I am in no mood to sleep, considering I would see something from either the past or the future. Why can't I just have a normal nightmare? One with spiders or snakes...or something trying to eat me. That would make me perfectly happy.

Finally, at about 2:36 in the morning, my mind begins to drift and I fall asleep. The sleep is of course cloudy at first, but I can tell that this sleep is not dreamless. And I can feel the terror up and down my arms.

~~~~~~~~~

I was sitting in my bedroom when I heard the fighting. She was yelling at him again. Her voice sounded loud and sinister, angry enough to cut through solid glass.

"just listen to me all I was saying was-"

"NO YOU HAVE TO STOP NOW, HE MIGHT GET TO SCALETT." she screamed. I then heard him yell out and something fell to the floor. I ran and looked around the wall, keeping myself hidden. He was on the floor, his face contorted and my mother was pointing her black wand at him, her face sinister. I felt a tear escape and I put my hand to my cheek and wiped it away. Did she really do what I think she did. That curse is horrible. She shouldn't do that to him...it's unforgivable. The cruciatus curse. What seemed like hours later he was passed out and mom was walking to the kitchen. I ran back to my room. She was a gryffindor, why would she do that to him. Why? I grabbed a razor and ran to my bathroom, locking the door.

I slid down the plain white door, staring at the cabinets in front of me. I pulled up my sleeves, slicing into my fragile, white skin, staring at the blood. Scarlet. The blood is beautiful scarlet. I feel my stomach twist. Daddy had always said thst she was the most beautiful, kind-hearted, genuine woman that had ever walked the halls of hogwarts. What happened to her? That woman is so obviously gone. The look on her face makes me rush to the toilet, throwing up e sour memory.

That was my daddy, she crucio...she....I see her face, and I hit the floor, slashing at my wrists some more, trying to get the picture off of my eyelids. It doesn't work, and I lay on my bathroom floor for the rest of the night.

~~~~~~~~~~

Kailey is standing over me, her hair falling in front of her face. It takes me a minute to notice her worried expression. She reaches down to wipe tears from my cheeks, cooing softly. "it's okay, Scarlett. Want to talk about it? Let's talk about it." she said soothingly, and I shot up, pushing past her. I shake me head, grabbing items and all but running to the shower.

My mother had never used the Cruciatus curse on me. My daddy...he wasn't as lucky. I am still haunted by the gleam in her lifeless eyes while she stood over his body. I cannot imagine. I cannot even...inking about the curse itself is enough to make me almost vomit. It is disgusting. It is wretched.

I step into the Shower, massaging the soap across my skin. My muscles are tensed up, and I let out a shaky breath. "fuck." I curse, hitting the tiles wall, tears in my blue eyes. "fucking...ugh." I groan, rinsing the soap off before washing my hair, stepping out of the shower twenty minutes later wrapped in a fluffy towel.

When I get back to the room Kailey is already ready for breakfast. I walk over and place my pajamas into my trunk.

"hey, scar. You wanna go get some breakfast?" I smile at her warmly, food sounds great right now, but i am definitely not wanting to be around anyone. I still want to think about the results of having my "gift" back. So I just shake my head. It is already screwing up my life. When I was little they all thought I was a creep because I would randomely space out. Fuck being special, it kind of sucks ass.