Midnight

When I finally drag myself from my bed, I narrow my eyes, spying a small sliver of parchment set neatly atop my trunk. I reach down, cradling it close to me and glancing around before reading the tidy scrawl.

Meet tonight at two in the potions room. I'll see you there.

I feel my heart flutter a bit, biting my lip and ripping the note into small pieces, shoving the remnants inside of the trunk itself. I wonder why Malfoy is acting so goddamn strange. I suppose that if I want to get anywhere with the god awful blond, I'll need to get used to the idea of sneaking around a lot more often. He doesn't really seem like he's in the mood for walking into the great hall, holding my hand.

But if I'm being completely honest, I'm not ready for that either.

Kailey skips over to me, sitting on the edge of my bed and tapping on my right shoulder. I look up at her and frown deeply. She has this crazy grin plastered across her face. To be honest, it's kind of creeping me the hell out. I think back for a moment before tensing a bit.

Shit. She knows.

"Scarlett, where did you slip off to last night?" she asked, her tone echoing her expression, far too happy to be considered even remotely normal. I shake my head, rolling my eyes at her defiantly.

"I don't see why it matters at all. Can't you just mind your own business? Why do you even care?" I demand...seriously, I love Kailey to death, but she can be absolutely obnoxious when she wants to be, always shoving her little nose into my personal life.

"I don't much. It's just that most girls don't sneak out of the room hours past curfew while wearing a sluttly little green dress to see nothing." she says slyly. "I could practicwlly see your ass. And your boobs. You were really showing odd last night. Who were you with, Scarlett? Tell me or I will force it out of you." she says, moving closer, and I huff annoyedly, thinking for a moment.

Bailey is the best friend that I have right now....I mean, it's not like I can run off and tell Mione about my escapades with their enemy. If I want to tell anyone, it'll have to be her.

"I can't tell you that, Kailey. As of right now, it's a secret." I supply instead, deciding against my want to gossip with someone about him. I want to tell her how good of a goddamn kisser he is.

And besides, i'm pretty sure that whatever it is that Draco and I are doing right now is supposed to be secretive.

"I have a theory. Would you like to know what it is?" she asks, sounding very serious, a smirk toying with her lips, like she was trying to hide how truly in control she felt with the statement.

"No, Kailey. I don't want to hear your stupid hypothesis. You're probably wrong anyway." I say simply, crossing my arms, but she chooses to just ignore my response, continuing.

"I think that you snuck out to see a certain, blond haired, blue eyes, slytherin hottie." she teases me, winking, and I can tell that she's genuinely enjoying her pestering. I groan out loudly,

"Jesus, Kendrix. You are the most annoying human being. Were you aware?" I snap, and she grins suddenly, squealing girlishly and clapping her hands, hopping on her but on the bed, nodding rapidly.

"So are the two of you dating then? Are you going out tonight?" she questions desperately, moving closer, and I clench my jaw, gushing her harshly.

"Shut up, Kailey. I'd rather the whole world not know, thank you very fucking much." I growl, and she nods, quieting quickly.

"But I was right? You snuck out last night to see Draco?" I only nod once, avoiding eye contact as she stands up, twirling.

"This is so romantic! Sneaking around, meeting up late at night, making the most of your stolen hours., she says dreamily, and I roll my eyes. "It's more about maintaining reputation, I think." I say.

She shrugs, "I think it's like a great romance novel." she sighs, and I roll my eyes.

"and hey, don't think that you're getting off the hook for callin me a slut." I accuse, and she rolled her eyes.

"you aren't a slut, you were just dressed like one. And for the Slytherin sex god, no less. Make sure that you aren't sending him the wrong message, Scarlett." she says,and I ignore her, going off to change m clothes, preparing for the long day ahead of me.

I probably shouldn't be doing this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight, Kailey is definitely not awake when I tiptoe from our room, making my way down the hall and sitting down, waiting for him to arrive. I sigh, a bit annoyed that I got here before he did. I mean seriously, he's the one who makes me come here, so he should be here. I do not like hard to get. Hard to get is fucking stupid. I am not about that life.

"Sorry that I'm late, Scarlett." he says politely as he swoops in effortlessly, sliding into the chair next to mine, wearing a black, long sleeve shirt and some dark blue jeans. I give him a once over, narrowing my eyes.

"it's dine." I mumble as he nods, staring at me intently. I Kay back on the table, closing my eyes and ignoring his gaze. He is genuinely confusing me more then I'd ever like to admit.

"Malfoy...what are we trying to accomplish here?" I question, opening my eyes and looking at him, he just shrugs, keeping quiet, and I clench my jaw, standing up abruptly.

"Where is it that you think you're going?" he asks loudly, standing up behind me but I don't respond at first, just shaking my head.

"To my room...where I can sleep like a normal person." but he grabs my hand, pulling me to his chest.

"Or you could sleep here?" I laugh at his whispered words, shaking my head yet again. Poor Malfoy lives in a dream world.

"I don't think so, sweetheart. See you in the morning." I singsong, kissing lightly on the cheek before turning on my heels and walking out the door.