If Looks Could Kill

Thank you, MY LOVELY MARSHIANS!

I

Love you all to bits!

So here is THE LAST CHAPTER OF IF LOOKS COULD KILL!

KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN FOR A FOLLOW UP CHAPTER IN WHICH I WILL HAVE AN IF LOOKS COULD KILL SOUNDTRACK AS WELL AS INFORMATION ON THE POSSIBLE SEQUEL!

HERE WE GO!

It's cold out tonight, the wind biting at my cheeks, I wrap my arms tighter around myself.

It's hard to complain, though. Tonight is one of the few nights when I'm allowed to really just be Scarlett. Sometimes Albus will let me take off my disguise and sit here under the rafters of the astronomy tower. It's nice to be by myself, even if I'm alone. I smile up at the bits of sky that I can see through the cracks in the floorboards.

When I see Harry and Dubledore apparate into the tower, I frown, narrowing my eyes and trying to listen to their hushed voices. Suddenly, Dumbledore looks around before ordering Harry to come down here and keep himself incredibly quiet. As Harry disappears from view, I press myself into the darkest corner where I will not be seen.

When Draco walks up behind our headmaster, disarming him, I hear myself gasp. I can only see half of his face, and his expression looks grim. They begin talking, and Dumbledore looks calm, but I can't make out the words, struggling to hear anything that they were saying.

After what feels like ages of me sitting in the corner, desperately trying to overhear something- anything - Draco's voice finally cuts through the silence, slicing it like a knife.

"You don't know what I'm capable of! You don't know what I've done!" And suddenly it dawns on me, blood draining from my already pale face. I understand why Draco had been so afraid of his duties as a deatheater.

It's his job to end our headmaster's life. And as much as I want to be absolutely disgusted by him, I'm not. I know that he doesn't want this. He wanted to run away with me into the sunset. He wanted to leave and hide and never look back.

As they continue to speak, my mind replays everything that he has ever told me.

I'm shocked out of my thoughts by him speaking once again.

"You care about me saying mudblood while I'm about to kill you?" I can hear him sneering. I gulp, trying to replace his cold tone in my mind, wanting to hear anything else.

I can hear his fear.

And I don't hear anything else for a few more minutes, feeling myself grow increasingly more desperate with every passing second, until I head Draco again, his tone depressingly grim.

"But I got this far, didn't I?" He says slowly. "They thought I'd die in the attempt, but I'm here. And you're in my power. I'm the one with the wand. You're in my mercy." A shudder erupts down my spine.

He sounds so sure of himself...but he hasn't cast the spell. And then some of his deatheater friends show up, one of which is the sadistic woman who haunts all of my nightmares. The one who's cackle is truly more insane than her personality.

She is taunting him, telling him to say it. And then, before I could actually understand all that was happening around me, Dumbledore is begging for Snape to kill him.

My body tenses when I see the green flash, knowing that my hero is falling over the side of the tower. I've never felt more crushed.

Harry and I both immediately sprint for the mob of deatheaters, both having the same goal. Kill professor Snape. We both want to ruin him like he ruined our caretaker. The only father that either of us haf. I'm sprinting, watching the crazy woman light hagrid's hut on fire, and suddenly, something becomes blatantly more important than revenge.

Draco.

I find his sleek white hair and run as fast as I can, leaping and tackling him to the ground. I know that we only have moments, so I roll off of him, sitting up and pulling him with me.

"Scarlett? But...you're....you're dead?" He says slowly, and I notice that he's looking at mee with a crazed expression in his silver eyes. It's like he thinks that he's seeing things. I would probably look the same way.

"Well, obviously not." I mutter. "Look, we don't have much time. I'm sorry for faking my death. But why the hell did you not tell me about this? You could have died with me, Draco?" I demand, practically shaking from the overwhelming amount of emotion that I currently feel.

He doesn't respond, crashing his lips against mine aggressively.

The kiss is desperate and messy and incredibly beautiful. It's every unsaid word and every emotion that was lever felt. I pull away too soon.

"I love you, Draco. But you need to leave now. I promise that if we both make it through this war alive, I will find you." I assure, "and then, we can run away together. Well leave and never look back." He nods, leaning in to kiss me chastely.

"I forgive you." He says seriously, running a hand through his hair. "I love you too, and I'll be expecting you when this is all over." He says before getting to his feet and disappearing into the darkness. I practically collapse, tears streaming down my red cheeks.

There are three things circling in my head, like mantras.

I love Draco Malfoy. That is a promise I intend to keep. And I have a personal vendetta that needs to be taken care of.

I will get the woman who killed my father. If looks could kill, she'd be dead already.

But then again, if looks could kill, I would've been dead a long time ago.

It's over.

I love you all

Vote

Time to edit

Keep your eyes open!

Sequel probably coming soon.