5

I spent the weekend in bed, mum finding out I was sick ended up in me getting fed soup, tucked in and not allowed to leave the house. I do appreciate she cares, I do, but c'mon!

My throat still burned a little and my mouth felt dry but that's all that has come to this Monday afternoon.

Walking down the corridors was strange. Everyone kept choking and fake crying and laughing as they passed me. Like they know something I don't. Liam keeps watching me too. I feel like I'm in bloody twilight with his intense stare. I don't understand why I suddenly have all this attention. What the fuck did I do? Did I choke on my own vomit? Was I eating and I choked and cried? Did everyone see? What?

I continued eating my lunch and jumped as it was knocked from my hand and shoved off my chair. I looked up in shock to see Louis and his enraged eyes. Everyone gasped and crowded around, laughing. That's right, laughing.

His fist met my stomach and I curled up, trying to lessen the awful pain building, only to be pulled out of it and be shoved on my back, his legs on either side of me and both his fists meeting my face. I felt blood drip from my mouth and my glasses crack as he pulled at my hair and I let out a scream.

"LOU!" His weight left and I struggled to breath as I heard laughter and yelling.

"NO! LET ME DO THIS!" Louis charged at me again but Harry pulled him back, holding him. "ITS HIS FAULT!" Harry continued to restrain him. "HE DID THIS!" Harry began dragging him away as he fought to keep going. I didn't understand what I did. Why did he do that?

"Niall, are you okay?" I shoved Liam away and let more blood fall from my mouth, grabbing my broken glasses and limping away from the crowd. Liam can just piss off. He doesn't care. He's friends with Louis for crying out loud! He probably planned this.

I went to the bathroom, rinsing the metallic taste of blood from my mouth and looking up at the mirror. My right eye is purple and closed, overly swelled. My cheeks seem to be a dark colour and my bottom lip is split open, along with on the top of my left eyebrow. I'm basically praying I don't need stitches. What the fuck gave him the intention to do this? What did I do? What's my fault? I just don't understand.

Harry seems to always be his savour. I really think they're a thing. Harry looks at him with such love and pride. I can't even see them as anything other than boyfriends. It's just so obvious.

The bathroom door opened and I ignored the urge to look at who it is, half expecting a hit but nothing came. They had stopped walking and the room was filled with silence.

"Niall?" I looked up at the mirror to see Liam in the reflection, although my right eye was slightly blurry due to all the cracks in the lens and how swelled it is.

"Come to boast about your friends work? About how your plan worked? Well then, good job, I'm humiliated, hurt and my glasses are broken. Mission accomplished". He frowned and I looked down again, shaking my head. This is shit. I'm supposed to love school. It's my favourite place to be.

"I came to see that you're okay". I scoffed and let out a breathy chuckle.

"Yeah, right. Where's the camera?" He frowned and I turned to face him. "Come on! As if you actually care about me. I know it's some sort of sick joke and I'm not falling for it".

"Niall what are you talking about?"

"STOP saying my name!" His eyes widened. "I am not your fucking friend! Stop acting like you care!" I let out a bitter laugh. "I'm the gay nerd. No one likes me. That's just how reality is. You're the rich kid with all the friends and all the fucking skill and I'm the poor kid with the skill of reading and being alone. We don't go together. That's not how the world works. So just stop messing around with my head because frankly, I don't feel like playing games". He took a step closer towards me.