35

Liam just smiled and held his hand out to me. I didn't really think much the next ten minutes.

We're now at his house and his parents greeted us with warm smiles as Liam dragged me up to his room.

"Will you come for a swim with me?" He looked at me with such hopeful eyes that I could only smile and nod in return. He handed me a pair of board shorts and I pushed my jeans down, pulling them on over my briefs, and removing my sweater and t-shirt as Liam did the same. He grabbed my hand and pulled me down the stairs.

"Ma, we're just outside in the pool"

"Okay have fun". He pulled me outside and we walked towards the shallow, beachy end slowly walking as the water slowly rises over our legs. We walked until the water reached my shoulders and slightly lower on Liam of course.

"I can't believe you did that". He stepped closer to me and frowned.

"You didn't want me to?" He looked down and I shook my head quickly.

"No! of course I did!" I placed my fingers to his chin and lifted his head. "It just shocked me is all. Wasn't expected". His lips turned into a small smile.

"Well I would do anything for you".

I think back to the times that I was insulted, bullied and made fun of and not once did I have someone to defend me. Not one person stood up for me. Stood in protection of me.

And then today....Liam did exactly that.

Liam was there.

He even outed himself...for me?

"I love you Niall. I will do anything and everything to protect you. Anything to help you. I don't care what the consequences are. If people no longer like me then they never really did. If my friends abandon me, they weren't my friends. You are the most important person in the world and i'd be pretty worried if anyone steps in my way, for them anyway". He cupped my cheek in his hand and gently wiped with the pad of his thumb. "I love your lips, your eyes, your nose". He bopped my nose lightly with his hand after removing it from my face. "your hair, your glasses, your laugh, your personality, your body is just...." He let out a huff and whistled making me blush. I lightly hit him on the chest.

"Stop!" He chuckles at my whining and runs his hand down my back, squeezing my bum. I squeak and he chuckles again, shaking his head.

"You're adorable". I move back and swim further to the deep end, attempting to escape his seductiveness. He of course follows and catches up to me quickly, grabbing me around my waist making me make a - very manly - squeal. He chuckles as he lifts and throws me in the water. I swim back to the surface, gasping for air and glaring at him. He laughs and comes back over to me as I cross my arms. I'm being completely reasonable and not at all childish as I turn my back to him. "Aw c'mon Ni!" He wraps his arms around my waist and rests his chin on my shoulder. "I was only messing around". He kisses under my ear, moving down my neck and nibbling lightly at my shoulder.

I can't help but moan as he licks over the fresh bruise and feel him smile against it.

"That wasn't fair at all". I turn around in his arms and he smirks. Damn those fucking lips!

Of course I have to kiss him.

His lips tasted of chlorine as they moulded with mine. Our bodies close and fitting together like a puzzle piece, his hand gently running through my hair and mine through his. He ran his tongue over my lip and I opened my mouth slightly to let him in. He ran his hands down my back, tracing along the small amount of muscles as he traced down to my bottoms, slipping his hands under the waist band and taking my ass in his hands. I groaned as he squeezed and pushed his lower half against mine. He kissed around to my ear.

"God you're sexy". He whispered as he nibbled on my ear lobe, making me clench his hair tighter through my fingers. "I'm so in love with you". He let out a breath and removed his hands from my pants, moving back slightly and running his knuckles over my cheek. "You're the best thing to ever happen to me Niall. I wouldn't have it any other way".

"I love you Liam". He smiles warmly and kisses me softly.

"You're staying over again, right?"

I nod.

I can't go home. Greg is coming back on Sunday. In two days. I can't be there. There will be people everywhere there. It's why I told mum to go back to Ireland. We need to stay away.

"Is that okay? I'll go if i'm over staying...I don't mean to-" Liam presses his lips to mine, interrupting me.

"I don't want you going anywhere". We just stare at each other for a bit. He's the most wonderful human being i've ever laid my eyes on.

"I'm scared". He frowns. "My brother is being released in like a day. I'm terrified of him. I looked up to him and he was a role model to me. I wanted to be just like him and now....now he's not even someone I want to know". I look down, tears beginning to blur my vision as I think of the person I thought I knew. My big brother. It's still unbelievably hard for me. 

"Niall, I will protect you no matter what, I will never let anyone hurt you". He gently tilts my head back up to face him, wiping the single tear that had crept it's way down my cheek. "Okay?" I can only nod and snake my arms around his waist, burying my face in his chest as he gently runs his hand up and down my back soothingly. 

I feel so safe and comfortable in his arms. 

He's so amazing I couldn't ask for anything more. 

But the question is...

If I trusted Greg back then, just as much as I trust Liam right now, how do I know he won't do the same?

How do I know he's legit? 

It's so hard for me to trust people now. I trust and I get stabbed in the back. I feel I know the person and then I just don't. 

I'm vulnerable. 

We make our way out the pool and dry off, going upstairs and getting fresh dry clothes on, throwing our wet ones in the hamper and climbing into bed, Liam wrapping his arm around me as he pulls me to him. 

I lay there for a while, my mind racing as per usual. I just watch as Liam falls asleep and feel content in the sight of him sleeping peacefully. 

I don't ever want to lose this. 

"Please don't ever leave me".

I frown and lay my head on the pillow, closing my eyes and hoping for a peaceful sleep myself. 

-----------------------------------

Hey, I hope you enjoyed it!

vote and comment?