25

School was...well...the same?

Usual humiliation.

The second I walked through the doors, everyone pointed..Laughed...

Photos of myself leading my mother out of the party plastered over the walls, lockers, windows.

Everyone chanting "mummy's boy".

It didn't really bother me.

I'm proud to be this close to my mum. I wouldn't have it any other way. It's sad people think this is funny.

Maybe it's why we left?

"Your mother is too weak to look after herself she needs her scrawny nerdy gay son to come to her rescue!"

Everyone laughed.

"Neil! oh Neil! please help! they're being mean!"

I walked further, trying to ignore their insults.

"I'm too old and frail! oh please! Leave me be!"

"Neil! These ladies are being mean! Please help-"

The doors opened and everyone looked, me being intrigued and looking too.

Liam's face was hard, his eyes bloodshot and he looked as though he hadn't slept last night.

He scanned the hall with his eyes and his expression hadn't changed. Although, you could see some anger in his eyes. His jaw clenching.

"Payno! We have a mummy's boy here! Wanna help us give him shit for having such a weak and frail mother!?" Everyone laughed but Liam didn't move.

After minutes our eyes finally met and his face paled. I expected him to yell, insult, hit, scream, do something.

He walked forward, ripping papers from the walls, lockers and windows, pulling them down, as many as he possibly could.

Leaving everyone speechless, he walked straight down the hall, not giving me another look.

I wasn't sure I was expecting that.

Without another thought, I followed the direction, not entirely wanting to but hoping I would bump into him.

I didn't think he would react that way.

I thought he would join them.

After I hurt him...

But no. I'm not going to feel guilty about that.

He hurt me.

So no. I won't feel guilty for this.

I did the right thing.

He's not the only one that's hurting.

I walked into class and everyone stared at me as I walked to my seat and sat down. I knew today would suck but I didn't know it would suck this much.

Classes are great.

They always have been.

But not when Liam's in my class and I only just broke up with him not even 24 hours ago.

And of course he sits next to me.

There is that many seats. Why did he have to pick the one next to me?

"Alright class, today we will be looking at stereotypes".

He grabbed his book and a pen, his arm muscles showing proudly as they flexed. His aroma filling my nostrils.