Chapter 22

Noah's pov
When we get back to Richelle's house, I look at my phone and see that I got a text from my dad.
Come home now Noah.
"Richelle?" I ask.
"Yes?" She says with a smile.
"My dad wants me to go home now. Do you mind?" I ask.
"Of course not." She says and hugs me.
"Noah?" She says as I'm about to leave.
"Yes?" I reply.
"I love you." She says.
"I love you too." I say and leave.
As I'm getting nearer to my house, I can see fire trucks surrounding my house. I stop the car and run out. My dad is standing there in tears.
"What happened?" I scream.
"Your mother accidentally left the cooker on. By the time I got home, the house was on fire and well your mother didn't make it." He said.
I stood there in shock and tears dripped down my face. I looked at the house. It was in ashes.
"Where are we going to live?" I ask.
"Well you have to live in a children's home until I get a new house." He says.
"But that could take years!" I yell.
"I know Noah. But you're a strong boy. You will get through this." He says.
"What about you? Where will you go?" I ask.
"An adult's home." He says.
"So I'm not going to see you and Richelle for a while." I say, choking back my tears.
"That's right." He says and puts his hand on my shoulder.
"So I'm not going to regionals. I'm not going to The Next Step anymore?" I say.
"I'm sorry son." He says.
"When do we go?" I ask.
"Tonight." He says.
"I have to go and say good bye to everyone." I say and run away.
I can't believe this. My mum is dead, I'm moving to a kids home, I'm not at The Next Step anymore and it's going to be ages for when I next see Richelle. This is awful. I text Richelle and all of A troupe to meet me in studio A because I need to tell them. So I run into studio A and no one is there yet. I start dancing a solo to Somewhere Only We Know.

Richelle's pov
I walk into studio A with the rest of A troupe and see Noah dancing a solo. We all stop and watch. He has been crying and looks really upset. When he finishes he sits down and buries his head in his knees. Me and A troupe run over to him.
"Noah what's wrong?" I say and hug him.
"My mum, my house, my dance career- it's all gone." He says.
There was a silence.
"What do you mean it's all gone?" Riley asks.
"There was a fire." He says.
My eyes water.
"My mum is dead. She burned to death. Now I have to move to a children's home and not see anyone I know until my dad gets a new house which will be for years." He says.
"Oh Noah." I say and hug him. I don't let go.
Everyone else hugs him. Then Kate and Phoebe walk in.
"What is going on?" They shout.
Noah looks at them and his eyes are filled with tears.
"What's happened?" Kate says.
"Noah could you please come into the office snd explain?" Phoebe says.
He nods his head and walks in.
I can't believe it. I may never see him again. All my memories with him rush through my head. The time he took me to see the dolphins and out for dinner. He was the best boyfriend ever. Now I'm going to lose him. A tear drips down my face. Abi comes towards me. She hugs me. I just hug her back and cry on her shoulder. Then I remember something. I have two spare bedrooms in my house that Noah and his dad could use.
I let go of Abi and run into Kate's office.
"Wait!" I shout.
They all turn to face me.
"I have two spare bedrooms that Noah and his dad could use!" I yell.
"I suppose you and your dad could live at Richelle's house until you get a house." Kate says.
"Yeah." Noah says and hugs me tightly.
"I love you." He whispers in my ear.
"I have to go and find my dad." He says and runs off.
Kate hugs me.
"Well done Richelle. You saved the day." She says and I smile.
What will living with Noah and his dad be like?