Chapter 63

Richelle's pov
The next day, I wake up and see that Michelle is gone. I jump out of bed and walk to the bathroom door. I knock on it.
"Michelle, are you in there?" I ask.
I hear her throwing up. She has her Mrs International soloist solo today. She can't do it if she's ill.
I run to Kate's room and bang on the door. She opens it.
"Richelle, it's 7 am. Why are you here?" She asks.
"I don't think Michelle can do her solo today." I say.
"Why not?" She asks.
"Because she's throwing up in the bathroom." I say.
"Oh no. Richelle you're going to have to do the solo instead." She says.
"What but I haven't practised for months!" I yell.
"Well you're going to have to do it. See you in a few hours." Kate says and slams the door.
I have to do the solo? I can hardly remember it! I'm never going to get a good score.
I run back into my room, put on my dance clothes and head to the dance practice room.
When I walk in I see Noah's in there. I completely forgot that he had the male solo.
"Hey Richy, what are you doing here this early?" He asks.
"Long story short, I'm the new female soloist." I say.
"That's awesome!" He says.
"Not so much." I say and shrug.
"Why not?" He asks.
"Well I haven't practiced it for months and I have to perform it in a few hours." I say.
"I can help you practice it." Noah says.
"You need to practice yours though." I say.
"No I don't. I rehearsed it loads of times." He says.
"Thank you." I say and give him a tight hug.
"Can you remember it at all?" He asks.
"Some of it." I say and show him all I can remember.
"Ok well why don't you add some acro." He says and I do.
Soon enough we finish.
(Her solo is the video above)
"Thanks Noah, I couldn't have done it without you." I say and kiss his cheek.
"That's ok Richy." He says.
Some time later at the competition
Noah's pov
If I win this, my team gets a five point advantage.
I'm about to go on stage and do my solo for Mr International soloist. They call my name and I walk on stage. The music starts playing and I feel like I'm dancing really well. Loads of people are cheering for me and it's just a great feeling to know that people like what I'm doing.
Soon I finish and they announce who Mr International soloist is.
"The Mr International soloist title goes to Noah and the team that will be given a five point advantage is The Next Step!" The announcer says.
I run on stage to get my trophy and I'm just so happy that I won.
Richelle's pov
So it's been half an hour since the male solos and now it's the female solos. I'm the second person to go on and I'm really nervous so I'm just marking it backstage. The person before me just finished and they call my name. I run on stage and get into my starting position.
Everyone claps when I do my front aerial. I feel so great about how I'm dancing right now. This is probably the best I've ever danced.
When I finish I walk off stage and get greeted with hugs from everyone.
"You were amazing Richelle!" Riley says.
"Thank you." I say.
Soon enough, everyone has finished their solos.
"The Mrs International soloist title goes to Richelle and The Next Step get another five point advantage!" The announcer says.
I won and we got another five points. As I run on stage to collect my trophy, everyone is clapping. I collect and run back off.
"Guys, we have a ten point advantage!" Kate says.
"Well done to Nochelle!" James says and we all laugh.
What a great day.