Chapter 24

Richelle's pov
Me and Noah just got home from shopping snd mum and his dad are still asleep. While Noah takes a shower, I decide to make his dad breakfast in bed. When I finish, I knock on his door and see that he is still asleep. I leave the tray on his bedside table and go into Noah's room. I collect his plate from last night and wash them. Then I turn the TV on and watch the dance channel. I wish that I could go to regionals but I can't. I will be there to support The Next Step though.
Suddenly I hear Noah coming downstairs and I turn around.
"How do the clothes look?" He asks.
"They look really good on you!" I say and he kisses my forehead.
"Thank you for buying them." He says.
"That's ok." I say.
Then he sits on the sofa with me and we watch the dance channel together.
"I have dance in a few hours." He says.
"Have fun." I say.
"Thanks Richelle. I know that it's hard for you not being able to dance." He says.
Then he cuddles me.
My mum walks downstairs.
"Been shopping then?" She says.
"Yes." I reply.
"Nice outfit Noah." She says.
"Thanks." He says and smiles.
I love seeing him smile. I hate it when he is upset.
"Did you sleep well?" Mum asks him.
"Um yeah." He says.
"I can drive you to dance in two hours." Mum says.
"Ok thank you Mrs Nolet." He says.
"Call me Tanya." She says.
"Thank you Tanya." He says.
"What are you going to do today Richelle?" Mum asks me.
"I don't know." I say back.
"You could go and do the shopping for me." Mum says with a smile.
"Fine." I say and continue to watch the TV.
Noah's pov
I see Richelle watching the TV and she seems really happy. She is watching the ballet dancers every move.
"I didn't know that you liked ballet." I say to her.
"I've always liked ballet. I love the way that they move and how perfect they are." Richelle says.
"They're not as perfect as you though." I say.
"Noah you made Richelle blush." Her mum says.
"Mum!" Richelle says.
I just laugh.
A few hours later
Richelle's pov
Mum just took Noah to dance so I decide to go for a walk. It's a sunny day so why not? I see some horses in a field and watch them. Ot would be fun to be a horse. No worries, not a care in the world. You could eat all day, live with friends and go out for rides. Then one of them trots up to me.
"Hello." I say and stroke it.
It was a big black horse. He seemed friendly. Then ,one by one, all the other horses trotted up towards me. One of them niggled my jumper and I just laughed. Slowly, I began to walk away and carry on up the path. It suddenly started to rain so I ran back home.
Bye the time that I got inside, I was drenched in rain. My mum was back and was talking to Noah's dad. I went upstairs to dry my hair and change into some other clothes. When I came back downstairs I saw that they were discussing funeral arrangements for Noah's mum. I felt sad. I decided to play video games until Noah came home.
A few hours later
Noah came through the font door and I hugged him.
"How was practise?" I asked him.
"Good. I got a new costume that I wasn't allergic to but it still looks hideous." He says.
I just laugh.