Chapter 27

Richelle's pov
Right now me and my mum are driving Noah home from regionals. I'm so happy that they won because I'm going to audition for the challenge which is next week.
When we get home, Noah takes a shower and I go into the garden to start practising some tricks for the challenge. I have recovered really well and I think that I could make the team. I just really want to go to nationals. The music I chose to do my solo to (in the challenge) is called Fire. It kind of reflects everything that I have been through and I think that I could make the team with the solo that I'm doing.

Noah's pov
I just got dressed and see Richelle dancing in the garden. She is doing really well and she will definitely make the team for when we do the challenge. Suddenly I get a text from Giselle. (Giselle is the dance captain).
-Text-
G: hey Noah, just thought that I would let you know that we aren't doing the challenge this year. Our team is already perfect.
N: so Richelle can't audition?
G: no sorry
-End of text-
I don't know how I'm going to tell Richelle. She's outside right now trying her best to make a solo for something that isn't even going to happen. Her moves are on point and I think that we actually really need her on the team to win.
I walk out into the garden to tell Richelle the bad news.
"Hey. That was amazing. What's it for?" I ask hoping she won't say the challenge.
"The challenge of course!" She says with excitement.
I look at the floor.
"Richelle I hate to tell you this but there isn't going to be a challenge." I say.
She just stands there for a minute without saying a word.
"So I can't go to nationals." She says.
"No sorry." I say and hug her.

Richelle's pov
"Why can't I audition?" I ask.
"Because Giselle said that we already have a perfect team." Noah replies.
"A perfect team? With Abi?" I say and feel tears in my eyes.
"I wanted to do the challenge. I wanted to be able to dance with you." Noah says.
A tear spills down my cheek and I quickly wipe it away.
"Please don't cry." Noah says and hugs me.
"But I've been working so hard." I say and choke back my tears.
"I know." He says.
"And you deserve to be on the team. That's why I'm going to make them do the challenge." Noah says.
"Thank you No." I say and he kisses me.

Noah's pov
"I'm going to text Giselle now." I say and Richelle keeps practising her tricks.
-Text-
N: We have to do the challenge.
G: We don't need to do it.
N: Giselle you haven't seen Richelle dance.
G: She hurt herself.
N: I'm with her right now and she may as well take the miss international soloist title now.
G: Fine then we'll do the challenge.
N: Thank you!
-End of text-
"The challenge is back on!" I yell and Richelle leaps into my arms.
"Thank you so much No!" She says and kisses me.
I hope that she will make the team.