Chapter 35

Noah's pov
Right now I'm just going for a walk in the park because I can't face Richelle. I know I live with her but I'm trying to avoid her as much as possible. When her ankle heels, which will be at internationals, she's going to come back to The Next Step. I can't be at the same studio as her. I have to transfer studios.
I sit down by the duck pond and start thinking about other studios to dance at. Then one certain studio crosses my mind- Elite. They're The Next Step's biggest enemy and even though I've been going there since I was in J troupe, I can't go there any longer. I can't face everyone and say that it was my fault that Richelle can't dance for nationals. They will have to get a new female soloist and a new duet. I have to leave and go to Elite.
I get up and walk towards Elite's studio and see that they need another dancer and the auditions are in five minutes. I run inside and put my name on the list for auditions.
Soon they start.
"Ok everyone today are the auditions because Mackenzie hurt her leg and is unable to dance." Lucien says.
"So we'll start-" he stops and looks at me.
"Excuse me but why are you here?" He asks me.
"I'm here to audition." I say.
"Weren't you from The Next Step?" He asks.
"I was but I quit." I say.
"Why." He asks.
"I don't want to say." I say and think of Richelle.
"Fine you can go first then." Lucien says to me and I walk on to the dance floor.
The music starts playing and I start dancing. I'm putting in all my best tricks and I'm doing really well. When I finish everyone claps and I walk off.
"You know what, Noah you are the newest member of Elite." Lucien says.
"The rest of you who auditioned can go." He says.
They all walk out.
"We just won another regionals competition so we're going to nationals!" Jen says.
"Nationals?" I say.
"Yeah." Lucien says.
"Where The Next Step is going?" I ask.
"Yeah." Nick says.
"I haven't told them that I left." I say.
"Well they'll see when you beat them as Mr national soloist." Lucien says.
"You're giving me the solo?" I ask.
"Yeah." He says.
"Thank you so much. I won't let you down." I say.
"Good now go and make up a solo. I want to see it by the end of the day." Lucien says.
"Ok." I say and everyone leaves.
This studio is huge. It's way bigger than The Next Step. I start choreographing my solo for nationals. I know that Eldon is the male soloist for The Next Step and I've seen his routine. I need to make sure that my routine is better than his.
(A few hours later)
I just finished my solo and I think that it's better than Eldon's solo. Then Lucien and the rest of the team walk in. He throws me a jacket that says Elite dance academy. I put it on.
"Let's see your solo." He says.
I start dancing and when I finish they all clap.
"That was incredible. You went to internationals last year, why weren't you the male soloist?" He asks.
"They didn't think I was good enough." I say.
"Well I'm glad that you came to Elite because you're going to win." Lucien says.
"Thank you." I say.
"You can all go home now. Make sure you're here at ten o'clock. Don't be late." He says and we leave.
"Good job today." Nick says to me.
"Thanks." I say back.
Then I leave and go home.
(At home)
Noah where were you?" Richelle's mum asks me.
"I just went to the park." I say and walk into my bedroom.
I realise that I have my Elite jacket still on so I quickly take it off and show it under my bed.
Someone knocks on my door and my dad walks in.
"Are you ok?" He asks.
"Yeah. I'm fine." I say.
"Ok." He says and walks away.
I realise that I have completely betrayed The Next Step. I have been with them since I was young but Elite is better for me. I'm going to be the male soloist for them. However The Next Step may get suspicious about why I left but I'm bot telling anyone where I'm dancing now. They're all going to find out when I take the stage at nationals.