Chapter 52

Richelle's pov
So we finished rehearsals and I'm just lying in bed thinking about Abi. How is she in A troupe again? Miss Kate saw what she did to me! I just don't understand how this could have happened. Clearly Abi was going to cause drama and Kate puts her on the team when we're about to go to nationals? What was she thinking? Couldn't she have chosen Skylar or Channon? They're so much nicer.
Anyway tomorrow I have my duet competition with Noah and I think that we have have a good chance of winning.
I hear a knock on the door and walk downstairs to open it. I can't believe who is standing there.
Abi!
"What are you going here?" I ask.
"I came to see if Noah was here." She says.
"Why?" I ask.
"To see if he'll go out with me!" She says.
"FYI, Noah's my boyfriend." I say.
"Um he broke up with you." She says.
"No he didn't and won't." I say.
"Then why did he tell me he loved me when we hugged in the park the other day?" She asks.
"Because he didn't." I say and slam the door.
Abi and Noah did hug and he did whisper something in her ear when I saw them. What if Abi's right?
I see that she has gone and walk out of the door. Does he not love me anymore?
I walk to the park and see couples everywhere. James and Riley, Eldon and Thalia and even Amanda and Max! There were some other strangers there as well who were couples. Why were they all here?
My phone beeps. It's a text from Noah.
Where are you?
I don't answer.
"Hey Richelle, where's Noah?" James shouts and mocks me kissing him.
I can't take it any more. I burst into tears and run away.
"Richelle wait! I was only kidding!" James shouts.
I keep running. I hear footsteps behind me and I turn around to see Riley.
"Richelle please stop running." She says and pants.
"What's happened?" She asks.
"Kate putting Abi on the team was a mistake." I say and run off.
She doesn't follow me.
My phone beeps again.
Richelle come home. Where are you? Dinner is ready.
That was from Noah. I text him back.
I hope you're happy with her.
Tears spill onto my phone as I send it. That makes me realise how much I love Noah and how much I trusted him. Trusted. It just had to be Abi.
Noah's pov
I have no clue what Richelle meant by her text. I decide to try and find her in the park. James runs up to me.
"Dude what happened between you and Richelle?" He asks.
"I don't know." I say, a little confused.
"What?" He asks.
"What?" I ask.
"Richelle was here five minutes ago and when I asked her where you were, she ran away crying." James says.
"What? I haven't done anything to her!" I yell.
"She ran off in that direction so she'll be somewhere along that track." He says.
"Wait!" Riley says before I run off.
"What?" I ask her.
"Richelle said that bringing Abi back to A troupe was a mistake." She says.
"Abi." I say then run away to find Richelle.
Richelle's pov
I'm walking up a muddy track when I get a text from Skylar.
Noah said he likes Abi.
I smashed my phone against a tree and cried even more. Skylar is my best friend and I know she wouldn't lie to me. Why Noah? Why?
I run up the track until I get to a field. I jump over the fence into the field. Then I see a bull. It sees me. I slowly back up but it charges at me. I run to the other side of the field and flip over the fence. Thank God it didn't get me. Then I remember what Skylar said and start to cry again. I run. I run away from everything, reality, my life, Noah and Abi.
Suddenly I realise that I have no phone, no idea where I am and no way of getting back. I look around for a house and there isn't one in sight. That's just great. You know this is all Noah's fault. If he hadn't done what he did then I'd be safe right now.
Just at that moment I hear thunder and it starts pouring with rain. Yay. Just as I didn't think it could get any worse, I see lightning. Awesome. You know this day is the best day of my life. No food, no water, no boyfriend, no friends, no way of getting home and I'm probably going to catch hyperthermia out here. I see lightning strike a tree that was right in front of me. I'm going to die. This will be my last day of my life and I spent it moping over a stupid boy!
Noah's pov
I'm still looking for Richelle when it starts to rain. I'm about to go home when in the corner of my eye, I see a phone smashed up. It's Richelle's phone. I pick it up. Then I see footprints leading towards a field so I follow them because it's probably Richelle.
Richelle's pov
Isn't this great. I'm surrounded by trees which will get struck by lightning and then I will and die. I look forwards and see a forest full of trees. Isn't this my lucky day. I hear a growl and turn around to see a massive german shepherd dog.
"Nice dog." I say and back away.
I look for an owner but I can't see one anywhere.
It keeps growling. I grab a stick for defence and then I see more lightning and scream. Another dog comes. Great, two against one. This is just amazing. The other dog goes behind me.
"Please don't hurt me. There are other people you could hurt." I say.
People like Abi.
One dog jumps at me and bites down on my hand. I scream loudly.
Noah's pov
As I'm walking I hear a scream and I'm pretty sure that it's Richelle. I follow her voice until I see her down on the ground clutching her hand and two big dogs surrounding her. I grab a big stick and run towards Richelle. I hit one of the dogs with the stick and it runs away. The other is about to pounce on her and I manage to hit it just in time. It follows the other dog.
"Richelle!" I say and help her up.
Her hand is bleeding.
"N-Noah it hurts." She says.
"I know, just stay close to me. I'm going to get you home." I say and pull her closely to me.
She is shaking and shivering so badly. I saw the lightning and I know that she must be terrified.
Soon enough we get home and her mum runs over to her.
"Richelle what happened? Where did you go?" He mum asks.
Then she sees her hand.
"Come with me." She says and pulls her into the kitchen where the first aid kit is.
She bandages it up.
"What were you thinking?" Her dad asks.
She starts crying.
"I-I'm sorry." She says a d runs into her bedroom.
I don't know what on earth is going on with Richelle.