Airport Nightmare Pt 2

Hannah's pov
I opened my eyes and looked up at him. A very familiar face; I couldn't place it. I'm in France for goodness sake! He might be french! I didn't hear an accent when he spoke to me though. I wave of reality hit me like I'd walked  into a brick wall. My family were here! I gave curly boy a look of desperation and despair as I felt the shock that my whole family could be dead. He understood me immediately and rocked me back and forth in his arms as I fought to hold back the tears. He quietly hummed a tune in my ear, a familiar one.
Over my shoulder. An amazing song. How did he...? I took another look at his face. It was Mika. How did I not notice? I just saved my idol and now we were trapped in an airport, taken over by a terrorist or terrorists and we're currently hugging each other.

I heard footsteps coming towards us. Slow and steady, as if trying to scare us to death. I tensed up and felt Mika do the same. I daren't look behind me to who it was. I felt a hand on my shoulder which pinched and pulled me up. I saw the look of horror on Mika's face and tried my best not to scream. It failed and went to a pathetic whimper. I swallowed hard and tried not to panic. Very hard right now.

An ice cold blade gently touched my throat. Right this is the end. Goodbye cruel world! I felt my heart beat so fast that it was almost exploding. It was further up my throat than I'd ever imagined it could go. One strong arm had my arms bent behind my back so I couldn't move them at all. Another man pointed a gun at Mika, he stood a few feet away from him. Mika looked as though he wanted the floor to eat him whole. His arms were straight down facing the floor with his hands clawing the floor. His eyes were glancing from me, to the knife at my neck, to the gun pointing at him. He looked a lot calmer than he probably was. But there was panic in his eyes.

The same gruff voice from the speakers scratched at my ears but this time in French. I still couldn't understand what he said but it didn't sound good. I leant my head back on his shoulder to get my neck a tiny bit further away from the blade. It worked, for a second or two. The still ice cold blade more forcefully touched my throat, not enough to cut it; yet.

Mika's pov
She gave me a desperate look and I realised that she must have known some people here. Unlike me. I couldn't do much so I just rocked her back and forth. I quietly hummed one of my songs (over my shoulder) into Hannah's ear (I felt her write her name on my back). She seemed to relax a little bit. We just needed to hide here until someone found us. We were fine.

Suddenly, slow, steady footsteps came towards us. I saw three men come towards us and I tensed up, so did Hannah. One can straight towards us and picked Hannah up by her shoulder. Panic flew through me and Hannah started to shake. A huge kitchen knife was pulled from a bag and was placed against Hannah's throat. I sat up straight clawing the floor staring at the knife at her throat and the gun pointed at me. I daren't move. Hannah's eyes filled with fear and went icy cold. 
The man holding the knife spoke in French sounding extremely angry and demanding her name and telling her to stay still. She leant her head back to get her neck away from the blade but they only pushed it back harder. The man raised his voice and Hannah mumbled that she couldn't speak French. I told them I could. They told me to tell her to behave and they need her as a hostage and me to translate. This is how we stay alive. It gives me time to plan...

Hannah's pov
He suddenly raised his voice demanding a response. I quickly, quietly mumbled, "Je ne parle français." He looked angrily at me. The knife scratched at my neck and started to dig in more. I whimpered until I heard Mika speak up. "Umm... Je parle français." His voice was trembling and his eyes were filled with fear, for both of us.

The terrorists talked to him and sounded extremely angry. Mika glanced at me and swallowed hard. "Umm... apparently they need you as a hostage to get out of here safely. And me as a translator. They said if you struggle then they'll kill you. They don't need you as such but it will be safer. For them. Please just play along for now. I'll get us both out of here. Alive. I promise." He tried to reassure me but I felt worse.
"Alright." I mumbled quickly. Mika nodded at the two thugs and I was pushed away from the knife guy and fell into Mika's arms. He stroked my head and whispered to me trying to comfort me. Surprisingly, it worked. I hugged him and never wanted to let go. He was the only thing keeping me alive. If the terrorists didn't understand me then I'd be dead now. But if they did then Mika would be dead. We kept each other alive. For now.

We sat in 'our' corner with the terrorists watching us for at least an hour. We just hugged, too scared to move or speak. Sometimes he'd stroke or play with my hair or I'd draw on his back. Occasionally, he'd hum songs to me. I'd whisper very very quietly what the song was. It was always his song. I drew my name on his back again since I never mentioned it. I didn't expect him to notice but he responded by saying: "Nice to meet you Hannah. I'm- you already know who I am." He said it quietly into my ear, his warm breath tickling my ear. I smiled at this.

Mika's pov
She new me. She was acting normal. Wow. Hannah. All we could do was wait whilst I secretly worked on a plan...