Suffocating or Swimming?

I barely breathed as I sat in Fortuné's small car as we drove around the dismal car park. I felt small. I felt out of control. I felt was terrified.

He finally found a space and a small smile crept across his face. That's when my stomach suddenly began to do somersaults and my head began to thump.

I found myself being helped out the car and pulled energetically to the hospital.
It smelled strongly of antiseptic and the walls were a spotless white with a cream, shiny floor. The corridors were long, bland and never ending. The end seemed to get further away and start to spin. Fortuné had his arm around me, as if to both comfort me and to stop me from collapsing. We came to a large brown door with 'Ms. P Penniman' scrawled across a small white label.

The room itself was quite big. The majority of the room was made up of huge machines, all making different speed and pitched beeping noises which were already driving me crazy. Paloma looked too pale, too weak, too close to death. There were hundreds of wires and drips coming from both arms. There were bags under her eyes and a weak smile spread across her face when she saw Fortuné. It faded when she saw me.

"Paloma! Look who I brought today!" Fortuné half shouted enthusiastically. Her eyes widened slightly.
"So, you came back." She said weakly.
"Paloma I never wanted to leave-" I tried.
"But you did." She interrupted.
"I wanted to come back the whole time but I wanted to look after Mika." I tried again.
"So it's his fault?" She asked sounding less harsh.
"He was... scared. He n-needed to get his head together." I tried to defend him.
"At least you're back. God I hate being stuck in this bed." She said slightly angry.
"I-I'm glad you're getting better." I said sheepishly. Fortuné smiled kindly at us both.
"Slowly. How is my idiot brother?" He asked, sounding more like herself.
"He's in America. Writing an album." I replied feeling more comfortable.
"Oh. When is he coming back?"
"I don't know." I replied sadly as I felt my eyes become blurry.
"Oh. Well, he'll come back soon or he'll have to face me." She fiercely replied.
"Well, everything will be normal again soon." Fortuné said optimistically.
"Hopefully." Paloma and I replied together. Fortuné's smile grew. Paloma yawned hugely.
"We better let you sleep." Fortuné suddenly said.
"Bye Paloma." I smiled, heading towards the door.
"Bye." She yawned.

We drove back to the flat in silence which was unusual for Fortuné. I stared out the window at the rain and gloomy grey skies. I want Mika back. I desperately want Mika back. It's like he's my drug and I can't survive without him.

At home I sat with Fortuné on the sofa after he'd finished eating. I insisted I didn't want anything until he gave up. He was talking away and smiling with his arm around me, as if I hadn't been away and I just felt me eyes get heavier and heavier as he got happier and happier.

Mika's PoV
That's it. I can't take this anymore. The blandness, the music, the boredom, the loneliness.
I'd finished my album that night Hannah left. I just couldn't go back yet. But now, after being stuck here alone for only a day, I couldn't take it.

I was on the plane by ten. It was excruciatingly slow. The check out was too. And the taxi. Everything was slow and painful. I wouldn't have been surprised if I died from boredom throughout this slow journey. Finally I got to my flat and headed straight to my room and unpacked my things, soon realising that Hannah was at Fortuné's flat and a pang at my heart.

I walked quickly to his flat, the night air clearing my thoughts, making me stay awake. I breathed in the cold air of London and smiled to myself. I breathed out and watched my warm breath float away.

When I reached his flat I suddenly felt my stomach flip. It flipped more and more as Fortuné opened the door. His smiled widened so much it would have hurt. He flung his arms around me and hugged me tightly.
"Hannah's asleep on the sofa. I've missed you so much." He whispered still hugging me. Then a bundle of ginger fluff came bumbling out and pounced on me, covering me in big sloppy licks. She jumped into my arms and panted heavily.
"Aww I've missed you Mel." I whispered as she calmed down. I put her down once I was in the flat. I saw Hannah curled up on the sofa with a blanket. Her hair was messily spread out and her legs were curled up near her arms. There was a peaceful smile on her face.
"Didn't she have a room?" I joked.
"She just fell asleep!" Fortuné retorted. We both giggled quietly.

I went and sat on the edge of the sofa, in front of Hannah and smiled down at her.
"Hannah." I whispered softly. Her eyes flickered slightly.
"Hannah, it's Mika." I whispered softly again, gently touching her arm. Her eyes opened slightly, then widened properly when she saw me.
"Mika?" She said tiredly.
"Hello." I replied softly.
"What the hell have you done to your hair?" She asked as she reached up and stroked it, whist sitting up properly. My hair has changed drastically. It's no longer long and curly, it's short and wavy.
"I had it cut." I said, kissing her cheek. She closed her eyes as I kissed her.

"Can I take you home?" I asked her and Fortuné. She immediately looked to Fortuné. He nodded. I helped her up and guided her to the door and quickly got her a taxi home, with Mel.

Once we got to the flat Mel went sniffing around and explored all the rooms again. Hannah stood in the doorway, staring at the hallway. I went and smiled at her and gently kissed her lips. She responded gently but was clearly tired. I picked her up and took her to the bedroom. She wrapped her arms around me as I held her in my arms and stared up into my eyes lovingly.

She kissed my neck as I put her carefully in the bed. I tried my hardest not to moan.
"I think your hair looks... Weird. Too short. Not curly enough." She said in a mock sad voice.
"Well, I like it! It looks more grown up." I said playfully sitting up straight and pulling a serious face. Then I ran my fingers through my hair making it go wavy and stand up on end.
"That looks better." Hannah smiled.
"See. It looks nice." I said triumphantly.

I got up and took my top off and my trousers, leaving me in my tight black boxers. Hannah stripped down to her matching turquoise bra and panties and crawled into bed tiredly. I rapped my arms around her warm thin body, enjoying the feeling of her skin against mine. I listened to the sounds of her shallow breaths and I drifted off to sleep feeling happy with the world for the moment, knowing that soon I'd have to face everyone.

*^*^*^
^*^*^*
I hope you like this chapter. I needed a happy ending to a chapter because this week has been tough.

I've got two exams on Tuesday and one on Wednesday and Thursday.

Comment and vote please. Thanks for 3k reads.

HP-xx